For starters, it causes no pain or discomfort, it's more of a cosmetic issue (I hope, anyways)

Wondering if anyone can tell me what this is....on the underside of my penis, there is a fairly narrow line of darker skin that runs along the raphe (I beleive it's called) and widens out a bit just before it fades into the scrotum. It almost looks like the darker skin on my scrotum has continued up along that line.

I'm in my late 20's now and I think I was around 13-14 when I really noticed this. Like I mentioned earlier, it was never a source of pain so I never went to a doctor about it, I even forget it's there sometimes. Now and then though I think about it and wonder. I guess I just assumed it was natural, but I've never heard of this before in others.

thanks for any help/info..

i got the exact same line except i always thought it was a bruse till now ty i am reasured

Yep i saw this line 2 years ago and i kinda just never thought about it since hope it isnt another thing i have wrong with me lol i have tight forskin and the white bits

I also have a line like this, as far as i know its simply cosmetic.

yep I have this line too. I think I have had it since I was born. Like u said, it does not bother me at all

I have it to, it's weird it wasn't supposed to be there or it ment something like a sickness but I recently found out it was just a mark

Sounds like it's quite common.
I've never looked for mine.

By the way, what is a "raphe"? Is this term in common use?

Never mind. I found this definition on wikipedia.org: "Raphe: I ridge of skin.
The perineal raphe extends from the anus, through the mid-line of the scrotum (scrotal raphe) and upwards through the posterior mid-line aspect of the penis (penile raphe). "

I have it to at first i taught it was some kind of disease or something or like some weird line inside of my penis i even tried to rip it out LOL trust me don't ive been doing research over the internet its completely normal its called as u said a raphe every1 gets this line as they hit puberty apparently OMG DON'T U JUST ALL FEEL RELIEVED NOW =) XD XD XD XD XD XD :-D :-D :-D :-D

Every male has it. It is there because of embryological reasons. Basically before our penises and scrotums were formed when we were in our mothers' wombs, there was a slit right in the middle... for girls, the slit remains there and for guys, it joined and formed this line.

I have it too, but i dont think its that common i have never seen it in pornography, i just wonderd what grils feel about it,it surely must freak them out.

Just to put peoples fear at rest but all men have a raphe. It varies in how noticeable it is. The reason you don't see it in porn is due to make-up, lighting and camera angles. There really is nothing to worry about.

thank god for that.

it freaks me out as well and i would like to know more about it since it wasn't there last year and the color distortion looks bad, almost like my penis's been in the dirt. from what ive read so far its just cosmetic and isnt an std or anything like that but i still am not sure because i havent seen a doctor

I was curious about this because my boyfriend has it, but it didn't freak me out. No worries guys, we're not looking that closely, and if we are we probably love you anyway.

i have it too. But when does it go away?