I had a fall in 2/2006 and was told for 11 months it was a bad sprain ligament damage. In 3/07 got a second opinion and was told I had a LisFranc Fracture. I had surgery in May 07, 5 screws were put in to fuse my mid foot. I had an incomplete fusion and in December 2007 started treatment with a bone stimualtor. In March2008 was told my bones were now fused and I was able to start progressing out of my boot. I am trying, still have constant pain in my foot. I get sharp pains, I have burning feeling over a couple screws. I can not be on my feet for more than two hours without serious pain. My doctor says the next step is take out the screws and go from there.
Has anyone experinced anything like this. Will the pain ever go away?

I wonder how you are now, pain wise? I got a midfoot fusion in September and just got the ok to weight bear last week and my foot's KILLING me - exactly where the hardwear is. 

Did you get the hard ware taken out? Did it help?

Thanks!

Louise 

I am up to eight surgeries on my right foot since my fall in 2006. Two were done last year in 2013, the last was in Sept. I have hardware removed and placed back in at different spots. The hardware can cause extreme pain. I noticed if it is cold outside the hardware will be a BIG problem. Currently, I have I screws and some type of rectangular hardware in my mid foot. With winter set in, my pain is higher than in summer. Currently, I survive with the help of my pain management doctor. I am unable to work, as some days I can not get out of bed.
I hope you have better results...keep me posted.

I had a car and in 2006 and a Lisfranc mid foot surgery. I have 5 screws and bone fusion. 13 years later the pain is still there. It will never go away.