It's been two months since I fractured my foot and I still have pain almost as bad as when it first happened. Why?The doctor doesn't want to operate. I have been in a boot and wheelchair bound. I have a lisfranc fracture on my right foot. The doctor says my foot is settleling. I am in alot of pain both nerve and real pain. I don't know how much more of the pain I can take. Any ideas?

I'm really sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I sustained my lisfranc fracture 8/2012 when I fell down the stairs. I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon by the ER doctor, and my orthopedic surgeon did surgery a week & 2 days after my fall. It's been a month since my surgery and my foot's feeling a lot better. He inserted 2 screws into the side of my right foot & plans to remove them in 6 months. I'm still not allowed to bear weight on my right foot, but the pain of the fracture and the surgery are pretty much gone. The only time my foot hurts is if my toddler bumps into my walking boot hard or if I reflexively spread my toes.

I see that you posted this a year ago. I hope you have seen another doctor since...one who takes your discomfort into consideration and is not letting your foot just settle. If you haven't, please do. Lisfranc fractures left untreated can cause permanent damage to your foot (according to web MD).

Hi - I think we are about the same point in our "lisfranc journey". I injured my foot coming home from my morning walk at the end of July. I had surgery 7/31 so I'm about 10 weeks post op. I would be interested to hear how your progress is going? I'm still NWB and return for a follow-up tomorrow. I'm hoping to start PT but I'm nervous about putting weight on my foot and how it will feel. I've tried little baby steps and it feels stable although still some pain, not sure if that is normal for not having used my foot in almost 4 months. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. To the best that I can I've been doing stretches and pilates videos to keep moving but obviously have lost all muscle in my right cafe.

I now have lisfrac fracture and this is one of the most stupid things I have ever done in my life. I tripped over and fell I will never forget that night. Anyway had to waif a week till the swelling went down to operate. Now it's been four weeks since my op. I think things are getting betting but still have weird sensations going on in my foot it annoys me.but last night I accidently tripped agen and landed on my injured foot for a couple of seconds it didn't hurt it just had tingling feelings in it. I was worried I Mite have damaged my foot agen hopefully not.I hope my foot recoveres well and soon cause this sitting and lying around is doing my head in.Is all I know Is this injury has weird sensations...why is that?