Hello everyone My best friend is on this Thrive diet since last week. He has a lot of extra pounds and I am glad he is finally doing something about his health. He somehow found this diet and he is really satisfied with it. Like every diet I think that Thrive diet also requires low fat dishes, no sugar, more fruits and veggies. That’s the reason why I’m confused when I see Philip (that’s his name) eating pizza or hamburger (and every day like that). When I asked him about that, he told me that this diet doesn’t forbid fast and processed food. Could you tell me is it processed food forbidden in Thrive diet?

Hello there.

I followed Thrive diet for a couple of months. It worked very well for me I have to tell.

I can see from your story that your friend is a very funny guy. Yes, it is true you shouldn’t cut off all kinds of food you ate before but it doesn’t mean you should eat pizza and hamburgers every day like you aren’t on diet at all. When following this diet you should try at first to add more and more fruits, vegetables and other healthy foods and then gradually to cut off fast food, processed food and so on.

I am sorry but I don’t believe that’s the thing with thrive diet. I read that you followed this diet for some period of time and I suppose you know a lot about it, but when it comes to processed food I think I know more. You should avoid processed food even if you aren’t on a diet, just if you want to eat healthy food. And that is certainly not processed food. So Mellisa8 I assure you, anyone who has problem with weight (and everyone who wants to eat healthy) should strictly avoid processed food. So you can tell your friend to stop eating that stuff and start making healthy food habits.