Hi. Just had the Novasure procedure done 7/10. I opted to do the procedure in the doctors office, not the hospital. About 5 weeks before the procedure my obgyn did some test to make sure I was cancer free. She gave me a pill to take the night before and the morning of that would thin the lining of the uterus. Got to the office and took 2 vicodin and received a shot in the bottom (which I was told was for cramping - a medicine somewhat like Motrin). 30 minutes later I was taken back to the procedure room with my husband and give a valium. The doctor and assistant came in and explained what was happening as she did the procedure. She look at the lining again with a scope of some sort, everything looked good and healthy. She then proceeded with inserting the things for the Novasure and all the while we were talking about life and laughing. When the Novasure itself started the Novasure machine was loud. It is a 90 second procedure from here and the first 60 seconds were fine and we where still talking and laughing and she was also explaining about the different sounds of the Novasure machine. We would start to hear it wind down as it detected that the procedure was successful. During the last 30 seconds, extreme cramping started and I felt nauseous and turned white. She quickly pulled everthing out as soon as the Novasure sound stopped and elevated my feet to get the blood flowing. About 2 minutes later, the pain was more manageable. We were given our papers and proceeded to the exit. On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store which probably wasn't the best idea. The cramping was very uncomfortable so I returned to the car while my husband finished shopping. At home the next 4 hours where horrible. The pain was a 9 on a scale on 1-10. I was given vicodin however, that didn't touch the pain. Finally called the doctor and was told to take 800 mg of motrin and that worked like a charm. Within 6 hours of the procedure, the pain was about a 1 on the same scale. Very mild cramping every now and then. My doctor told me no sex or tampons for the next 2 weeks. I asked about swimming and she said fine in a day or two, but only in a pool, no lake for several weeks. The only thing during this week has been a clearish/sometimes light brownish discharge which has an order that can be embarrassing so remember to change the panty liners several times a day. Anyone else having a smelly discharge?

This exact same thing happened to me! I just had my procedure yesterday 11/11/2010 - how did everything work out for you? Were your results what you expected?

I just had the Novasure procedure done on 11/17/10. I skipped my period in September and began bleeding on October 4th. It was still going on when I had the procedure. I have been having issues with my cycles for some time now. I will be 46 in February. It has been about a week and a half since I had it done. I had it done under IV sedation and didn't feel a thing. Was fine immediately after I woke up, but did get extremely dizzy and sweaty on the way on home the car. This didn't last but for a few moments. I had some cramps for a few hours and then it wasn't too bad. I haven't had a lot of discharge. What I did have was slightly pink. Most now what is coming out seems to be almost a clear water. I am praying this will help me because I have had to take days off from work because the bleeding was so bad I couldn't leave the house. Not to mention the clots that were as big as chicken eggs. Hopefully this will be the answer. I sure hope so because I don't have medical insurance and paid $2700 to have this done!