Has anyone had a long recovery with novasure? It has been2 weeks and I still have pink discharge. I am also moody, and it isn't suppose to affect your hormones.

Hi, yes, I am into my third week and my partner says I am moody like PMT although he is being very supportive. Yes there is still a discharge mostly pink but at one point I nearly contacted teh doctor as it turned quite yellowish and although there wasnt any obvious discomfort or infection or other symptoms it was a bit nerve wracking. I wondered if it might have been something to do with the cleansing material they use like yellow iodene if such a thing exists.

I had the Novasure done on March 20 and I am having a similar problem. i was hoping my horrific bleeding would stop after this surgery, but for the past several days I have been having this yellowish-brown discharge or spotting and the smell is different from how it used to be (i don't like it). I made an appt with my ob/gyn for Monday to see if anything is wrong. I also had a tubal ligation at the same time. Maybe it could somehow be related? I am anxious about it so if anyone can help me with information i would appreciate it. Thank you and God bless you to all.

I am 2 weeks and 2 days post procedure...I have no bleeding and no discharge. I do have how ever an unpleasant smell. UGH.....But I should have started my normal period 2 days ago...so far nothing YEAH!... XD

My doctor told me that where ever my body is 3 months post procedure is where I am going to be until my body goes through menopause. So far I am very pleased.

is it a bad smell? because that could mean infection

I had Novasure & a tubal ligation and kept spotting for over a month. I also had a bad smell along with it so I saw my OB/GYN who examined me and told me the smell was due to gardnerella, some kind of infection or bacteria or something. He said it was quite common after the surgery, gave me some vaginal cream and the smell quickly went away! I have had some PMS symptoms recently but the spotting stopped somewhere around the end of April or the beginning of May (I think). So I haven't had any bleeding for approximately 6 - 7 weeks! It seems to me that the Novasure worked, that my Dr. got "a good burn," as they say. I am elated and am hoping that I will never bleed again. Also, someone posted something about going into menopause 3 months after surgery. Is that true for everyone? I am only 37 and really not ready to deal with that... :) :) :P :)

**edited by moderator**

I'm on day 4 post procedure and I'm still cramping, which i don't get. i also have the spotty, brown liquid/discharge, but doc said to expect that. No moodiness so far.

I had my procedure a week ago today. I am still cramping and have discharge and was told it is normal..I am moody too however anesthesia can cause this in some people....

your hormones go insane for about 4 months i am 6 months out now and finally feel normal again

I had my surgry on 8/22/. A lot of bad cramping for about a week after the surgry. Then mild cramping. I had the yuck pink-ish discharge for about 4 weeks. Then it stoped. Now about the time I should be having a period, mild cramping, very light red& white discharge w/real pms headache & cramps. This is still better than a REAL PERIOD with heavy bleeding & mega cramping for 7-9 days & blinding headaches. I am so happy. Maybe next month, it will be less. When I saw my doc for my follow up. She told me to hang in there & it should get easier. She said as stated before, every woman is different & there is no clear cut outcome for the surgry. So hang in there you all...the good feeling

I HAD MY NOVASURE ABLATION SEPT 26TH AND I AM STILL SPOTTING. NOT ENOUGH TO USE ANYTHING BUT ENOUGH TO DRIVE ME CRAZY! NOW MY LOWER BACK IS HURTING, IS THIS NORMAL? I AM ABOUT READY TO CALL MY DOCTOR?COULD SOMETHING BE WRONG WITH MY PROCEDURE?

I am now four days post surgical for a tubal and ablation. I am experiencing lightheadedness and would like to know if anyone else has had this. Also, how long did it last.

Thank you.

I had my ablation done one week ago. I experienced the lightheadedness for about 3 days....not sure if it was the pain medicine or the anestesia wearing off but it can come from both. I had an "uncomfortable" feeling which was worse when my bladder was full but no real pain other than that.

i just had the procedure done last week it will be one full week tomorrow
no real bleeding yeah just dicharge and cramping like not normal cramps kinda of like when you are pregnant and uterus feels heavy and bloated called doc she shaid this was normal and everyone is diff my period could come next week( like sched b/c surgery) or in 4 weeks we don't know I am just hopeful that the tiredness , crampy, heavy bleedy witth headaches and FEVER is over

I will post back as weeks pass

has anyone had these same symptoms after the Nova ??

I had this procedure on 11/21 and it has gone well. I have the slight pinkish discharge for almost 3 weeks now...no tiredness..I feel less tired..and I have lost 8 lbs since the surgery. My uterus has actually felt smaller since the procedure. I think this may be very successful for me. My doctor used the Novasure procedure. I had a few bad headaches which I think were the final effects of the anesthesia wearing off..but the headaches are gone now too.