I am alost 4 weeks post op from Novasure. I too experienced the urgency to uriniate after the procedure. This was not the worst of it, the discharge instructions stated any bleeding more than a pad an hour, then come back. Well I had no bleeding! Awesome, I think!....well I went for my 2 wk post op, dr says all looks well (internal ultrasound), I complain that I have yellow, watery, urine smelling discharge she assures me all is fine. Its normal. Ok two days after that, I have intense cramping, and I begin to bleed the next morning. Cramps were almost unbearable. Thank goodness for Vicadin and a bed. Well we are now 11 days since then, I am still having watery, brown, red, black discharge, there is an odor but like others nothing that makes me think I need to rush to dr office. I just want to know when can I expect to release the cotton God;s that have taken over my panties!!!!

I put call into drs office today, nurse calls says everyone heals differently, wnats to know if this could be period?? Heck if I know, kinda seems like one but then again it doesnt. Saturating a regular tampon every few hours if this is a period then its turned into the reason I had this procedure to begin with........................I thought this was going to get better????

I truly wish more information was given about what to expect after the procedure...Has anyone else experienced the same? IF so how long did the discharge really last?????

I will post my physicians response as soon as I hear back from her.

50 year old Mom of 4 here. I had NovaSure in 2006 (after Katrina & living in a FEMA trailer). I have endometriosis & 1 big fibroid. I had 2 miscarriages but 4 successful pregnancies. For a number of yrs, MDs have suggested doing a TAH which scared me. MD suggested Novasure & it sounded great. Procedure was quick & fast BUT the cramps afterwards were severe. I called MD & was told, yes, it's like labor pains, uterus is clamping down. Three years later, I still get some really bad cramps (just took half a Vicodin), period is less but lingers for a week. No clots anymore but these cramps are debilitating. Ladies have asked my thoughts about the procedure and at present, I would not recommend it. The cramps I have now remind me of when I was in high school.

Hi there, I'm really glad to hear that you are doing okay for the most part but yes, I think that it's really helpful for you to post your experience because it sounds like it did not go well for you. I thnk that your experiences help enrich that of others who want to come in here and consider doing the novasure treatment so they can at least have perspective as well. Thanks again for posting. What do you think that you would recommend instead of novasure?