I am scheduled to have Novasure next week. After reading a lot of scary stories on internet, now I wonder if it is really effective. Anybody had this procedure and had no side effects?

Hi, my friend had Novasure procedure and she sad that she did feel some side effects such as nausea and vomiting,vaginal discharge and cramping that lasted a few hours after the procedure.
It is important to know that the chances for later pregnancy are reduced and that's why this procedure is advised to premenopausal women with heavy menstrual bleeding who have completed childbearing

I had the procedure done June 2007. Since then my bleeding has stopped completely. I there was a bit of discomfort after surgery that lasted a few days but it was nothing that wasn't described by my OB or brochures. I was a little sick the same day I came home but that was mostly from the anesthesia. I recommend it for anyone who is past the point of really wanting to have more children and are having similar symptoms. Hope this helps.

I had this procedure done in june of 10 and i have had no bad side effects from it. I did have some discomfort during and also I and some nausea. Other than that everything else has been great. I would recommend it to anyone who feels they need to have it done.health