This post is an extension of the
Endometrial ablation_novasure_and_recovery thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Just about to turn 42, already have 2 children and had the Novasure procedure done about 2 years ago and it was ABSOLUTELY the best thing I have ever done! Prior to the surgery, I had severely heavy periods lasting about 7 or 8 days, heavy bleeding for 2 or 3 days. I then starting bleeding for 3 months straight, non stop. My doctor in CT then recommended the Novasure procedure. I NEVER got my period again, no PMS, no cramps, no NOTHING. Fantastic procedure!!!!!

I was given the pamplets by my Dr. and the Novasure seemed to be the best choice since I am not worried about birth control I would rather not take hormon treatments to control my periods. But YIKES!
This last post has helped me because it is current and 2 years later.
So Thank you NIC66! However, the other women and their side affects are scary!
My periods are very heavy but very short, about 4-5 days. However, the 1st/24hours is like a horror movie!! The pain got so bad one day that I almost passed out. That's when I decided to check it out with my Dr. I thought I may need a Hyster...whatever... but he said I have a healthy uterus, no cysts or poleps, just a little thicker than normal. I wonder if the ladies who had bad side affects after, may have had poleps or other uterus problems and is why it is not helping... IDK - but I am really scared now. My husband has AWSOME insurance so I will only pay for the anest...sorry can't spell medical terms - LOL - The people who put you under and the NovaSure thing...$275 O.O.P.
Well, I would like to hear from more people. I hate going to the Dr. so I want this to be over so I can get on with taking care of my family! I can't afford to be going back and forth to the Dr all of the time.
PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN 12 MOS. TY!!!

i had novasure done 2 wks ago my biggest problem is 3 days ago it feels lie i have to pee all the time besides that not to much to complain about so far

I, too am having the Novasure procedure done next week and would like to hear more success stories. My doctor has assured me that this is very safe. He has done many of these prodedures over the past three years and had no complaints. But, after reading the past blogs, I am a little concerned.

Had the ablation two days ago. Doctor gave me a spinal and then I starred in my very own "ER" as I watched the procedure.

Cramping afterwards but the only awful thing for me was being dreadfully sick from taking co-dydramol. Had slight pinky-watery discharge which lasted for one day only and am only now wearing a panty liner, which is clear. Have a slightly bloated tummy and a little cramp but certainly not as bad as the awful periods I have suffered from in the past.

Any ideas on how long it should be before I should return to work? :-) Thanks and good luck to those on the waiting list.

how is everyone doing? im 3 1/2 weeks post op and everything seems ok but i have read that up to 6 months down the road there have been problem with this proceedure

best thing i ever did 3 years ago.

Hi all,
I had novasure done 3 days ago, fine for 2 days, day 3 post op, driving home from work and all of the sudden a gush of bright red blood came flying out; not sure if its a period or the healing proceses. Doc thinks since my normal cycle was due this week it's probably just that... bright red and feels like i have to urinate very frequently.
any others or any advice? hoping this is not the norm

i just went to the dr today i told him about feeling like i need to pee more he said it could be normal since the area was messed with i had mine done 4 weeks ago so ill see if it goes away in the next month or so

Well, I had the procedure done two days ago. Everything went fine, had extreme cramping that night and needed to take a pain pill. I woke up the next morning feeling like I was coming down with the flu. Just felt real achy all over. Like my best friend used to say"my blood hurt" LOL. Anyway, took some ibuprofen and helped relieve those symptons but then a few hours later felt really weird again. Same thing happened today. I do not have a fever, so, I am guessing it's not an infection. Only having slight pinkish discharge. Anyone else have these achy feelings?

I had the procedure done about 6 wks ago. I've yet to have a period. WooHoo!! But I am experiencing a unique vaginal odor, almost a burnt smell. Something I have never smelled before (I'm a little embarassed admitting this). It just started about 2 days ago. Has anyone else experienced this? Otherwise, I've had no other problems and would do it again in a heartbeat.

there was someone i talk to that had a problem like that and it ended being an infection so i would call the dr if it dont go away

I had the prcedure over a year ago and yes the periods have lightened up alot but I do have discharge.
Also have a consistent bloated feeling in my lower abdomen since this procedure. Anyone else?

i just read on one of the forums that someone had blaoting and it turned out to be blood building up between the scar tissue and the good linning of her uterus she had to get a d and c then redo the ablation