I had the procedure (Novasure ablation) done 2 years ago and I still experience PMS and bloating etc... I have had only one period since then which is great, but I also have gained a lot of weight . I exercise daily and eat pretty good, this has started since I had the procedure done, so I am thinking that I am still bloating with my PMS and not shedding the water weight. I am confused :-(

please can anyone help?had the novasure done 2wks ago and am having back aches,and a discharge, :-( bit apprehensive re going to Dr as he always makes me feel as if Im waisting his time.would be grateful for any replies.

im 4 weeks post op and my back still hurts i feel like i have to pee all the time too i just went to the dr he said it can be normal also discharge is normal or 3 to 4 weeks later sometimes even a ittle longer mine stopped after 3 weeks now im waiting for my period to see whats going to happen the dr said we wont know for sre until 4 months hugs charlene

I read your post and think the best thing you can do is find a doctor who takes your concerns seriously. You mentioned your ob/gyn is a male, that's the first problem. Mine kept telling me my chest pains were due to hormones, until I wound up needing an angioplasty, almost too late. The nurse in the OR said if I were a man complaining of chest pains, I'd of been sent for tests right away. My new doc is a woman (so is my Ob/gyn). Quite frankly, when men start having menstrual cycles and giving birth, only then will they be qualified to deal with and diagnose women. Good luck to you.

I had the novasure surgery done in Oct 2008. In early Jan I started to feel flurrting in my lover right tummy. Now March 13, 2009 I feel more flurrting and thumps like a baby moving and kicking.

I have had 5 pregnancy test done since Jan of this year and they all said N0. I have gotten sick smelling food and cigarettes. Plus around my nipples are darker then they were before.

Point I think I am with child, but no Dr. will take me at face value.
I just bought a heartbeat monitor were I can listen to the baby's heart beat and I think I hear a faint sound like a soft beating drum.

Can I really be pregnant and if so how do I get my DR. to take me at face value?

The ER will not do an ultrasound with out a positive pregnancy test. They say they wont be able to find anything without one. YEAH RIGHT.

Thanks

I had the procedure done in Nov. 2008, since then I have not had a period but I do get bad spasms in my bladder and back area. I also feel bloated most of the time especially in the stomach and breast area I have also had weight gain. I also now have some incontinence problems.

I had the Novasure procedure 3 years ago along with having my tubes tied. Now 3 years later, I am having no blood flow but I have been having some serious cramping in my lower parts and back. I cramp all during the month, but when it is time for my period, the first 2 days I am incapacitated. I went to the doctor today and he said I have endometriosis. I find that so hard to believe after all of these procedures. Is anyone having this problem.

I am having this procedure on Friday (Novasure.) I do not find the endometriosis hard to believe. I have had problems with endometriosis for a number of years and have tried various things to help with it and so far nothing has worked. In addition to the endometriosis I also have abnormally long and heavy periods. After speaking with my doctor I have learned that this procesdure just treats the periods (it can help with the endometriosis,) but is really not looked at as an effective treatment for it. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Hello all.
Im post op nearly two weeks from a novasure and sterilisation, for which I had a GA, post op fever and am now on antiboitics.
I really thought two days and back at work no looking back.
At the minute I'm tired all the time, spotting slightly with backache and my tummy feels distended, I cannot seem to walk very far either, and constantly need to pee. Being a full time working Mum with 4 children, need to get back on track pdq. When reading all the literature none of this was mentioned, am I being a weed are all these side effects normal and will they go away? I've just meet a lady who after having the novasure still ended up having the full hysto? Is this only a temporary fix?
So many questions but after several years, of tampons,sanitary towels, clotting, sleeping on old towels and constantly wearing dark clothes I'd like my quality of life back.
My doctor has signed me off till Monday, saying it will get better????

I had my Novisure ablation procedure done on July 28, 2009. I also had two fibroids, which did not cause any problems for the procedure.

I went in for the procedure during the middle of my cycle. Procedure took about 15 minutes. Then sat around in a wheel chair for about 30 minutes then was released home. When I left I had no bleeding. I did everything they doctor recommended which was rest and not over doing it. The only side effects I have had as of 4 days out is my head is still a bit dizzy, foggy and light headed with a continueous headache. But I have not had any pain, bleeding or discharge. This morning I started a light watery discharge, but a panty liner takes care of that.

Still taking it easy. Ladies please continue to post your stories, concerns, results as it is very helpful to all looking into this or have had this procedure.

Take care

I have never had the Novasure done before, but am writing because I am going to give you the link to a site that may help you find more information and experiences.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i had a bleeding problem went to my ob dr. and he suggested that i have my uterus remove that was gonna be the only way to stop the bleeding, so i decided to get a different opinion so i went to another dr. and she told me about novasure i was kind of scare cause of all the comments on the internet but still i did it. I got it done at the dr. s office at the time of the procedure i had 2 big cramps and after that no more pain the dr. gave me pain meds. didnt have to take any its been a month no pain no bleeding I recommend it

I just had my procedure done on 07/02/09 and I've experienced a lot since. Since the 3rd week after my procedure I've experience unusual things such as my discharge. It does not smell but it is thick and it has a white off color.

I just had my 6 week post op and all went well, but saturday evening was my first time to have sex and I've been very uncomfortable since. I am very tight and I'm not sure If I'm suppose to be so uncomfortable.

Please advice!

I had my procedure done in March 2005 (4 yrs ago). The procedure went very well, did have cramping when I got home, but no different from what I dealt with with every period. I did get a light period still for about 3 yrs., (probably from fibroids), however they were totally manageable unlike the extreme hemorrhaging I had every month beforehand. Now I have no bleeding at all, but I do get very bloated and crampy still every month. Considering that 10 yrs ago I would have had to have a blood transfusion and hysterectomy, the Novasure saved me from having to do that. If you are someone who has difficult periods with heaving bleeding, I highly recommend it.

how do you feel now its been a few months. ? what your experiencing is normal.

it took me a month before the spotting and debris stopped then i had a very painful period the next time but it was quite a bit lighter. then this very last one i had was very very light and two cramps and on a few clots.

but now this is my third one and its only been18 days since my last period and im spotting lol well its better than what i had. anything is better than what i had. :P