I had the Novasure Ablation Done on 8/26 I have severe bloating and cramping. I only had bleeding right after the surgery then light spotting for about 12 days. I have put on 7 pounds of weight since the surgery even with excerising and working out. My stomach & weight will not go down. Even though I have not had a regular period my breast still swell and I cramp really badly. I wonder if this will go away or if I should just have a hysterectomy.

I just had mine yesterday and i feel like a balloon. I know that the slight bleeding is "normal" but no one warned me about the bloating. My cousin is an ob/gyn and says the bloating is normal too.
My cramps yesterday were more severe than I had anticipated.

I had the exact same experience. My procedure was done 12/2008. Have you opted for the hystectomy?

josquared wrote:

I would like to know as well. If you have any updates, can you let us know? Thanks so much!

i had nova sure done Sept 30 2010 and since then had three periods one seven days i 3 days now on it again all times had feeling my insides are coming out heavy bleeding and clots mood swings also my doctor just said i am sorry it didn't work now whats to do a hysterectomy dont know what to do can you sue

Hello
I am new here
shoulh have came here before i had the novasure done on 1/21/11 i had some bleeding and discharge for two weeks after the surgery went for my 2 week check up everything seemed great dr said he was surprised that i was still spotting, he said give it a another week so i said ok he said i could go back to my regular activites, this was on fri feb 4th 2011 so we went camping and riding 4 wheelers on saturday on sunday morning i started bleeding heavy and bright red blood. call the dr on monday he wanted me to come in to see him he said that maybe there was blood still stuck in my uterus and i bounced it lose, so he put me on progestrin for 8 days bleeding stopped after 4 days on that medicine i finished taking it all is good still some discharge with yellow tint some time dark brown tint. well two days after finishing the med i start bleeding again. Dont know what to do now :-(

I am curious, how long did it take for your bloating to go down? I had the Novasure procedure done 1/13/2012. I am so upset & worried about my bloating. I wear a size 6 in jeans but there is no way could put any of my jeans on now. I look like I am pregnant-I know I'm not because I had my tubes tied in 2009. I'd be lucky if I could button a 13/14. I am extremely swelled. Currently, I am very disgusted with myself for having this done. I was only informed of the benefits of this procedure - I never was told of any problems & complications. I have no one to blame but myself because I didn't do any research online till after the surgery was done. I do not have any friends who had this done; so, I don't have anyone that I can turn to for any information. I hope you answer me back~ Thank You !!!

I had the Novasure procedure done on 2/16/2102. I also feel very bloated and my stomach feels very hard. I have also been suffering with lower back pain. My followup appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully everything is okay.

I had my surgery 9/26/11. Since then I have had SEVERE cramping(pain) & bloating. After researching this SEVERE pain - some compare it to contraction like pain. I am into this 6 months now and STILL the pain exists! It hurts UNBELIEVEABLY so and lasts 4-5 days! I can barely walk or sleep that's how bad it is. Come to find out - it IS a side effect - I am just wondering how dang long this lasts cuz this pain hurts like heck!! Every month it exists whether I get my period or not (have gone 2 months w/o it - not back to back) but it is very light when I do get it considering what it used to be like. I too would like to know how long this pain lasts......every month it comes - I wish I had not of chosen this procedure! :(

I had my novasoure done on 8/1/2011, everything went fine i havent had my period since and thats great!!!! but now im starting to have these TERRIBLE and PAINFUL cramps im on motrin 800 mg its been more than 6 days already, The pain and cramping are so bad that the DR is saying that i have (UTI) urine tract infection and put me on antibiotics, but i dont think its that, my pelvis, hips lower back even legs ar in pain horrible, Im having a vaginal sonogram on thursday i will post to see whats going on !!! :(

wow, wish i had come here before my Novasure Ablation!! I had just had it done on April 26th 2012, my Dr didnt even tell me when surgery was scheduled, the hospital called, had the pregnancy test before done, im 50 and have had my tubes tied for 22 years. Didnt know what to expect and had some trouble coming out of anesthesia. Not too much in the way of cramping, low back pain though.  Mine was done while on my period as i dont have insurance and was losing my financial benefits, so my Dr wasnt happy with me in the first place, Thursday i slept most of day away, friday pain tolerable, Saturday and Sunday ran low grade temp, Monday woke with horrible back pain and passed a large blood clot, called Dr, she isnt worried about it at all. I dont feel "right" and I am some what bloated, not scheduled to see my Dr until the 30th of May. Wasnt told how long to start using tampons again, or when could resume sexual intercourse. Wish i had opted for hysterectomy! I m t return to work 8 days after surgery, not sure if im able or not, wasnt told to take time off of work, have no idea what recovery time is or what to expect over the coming days! Time for a new ob gyn thats for sure!!!

Hello there, I had mine done yesterday, I'm at home (should be resting but with children and so on not really happening). I have mild cramping and very light discharge/pinky. I think I am coming down off the anaesthetic too as I felt realy good yesterday immed after op and today feel sorry for myself and very tired. Although I was told I could go back to work today if I wanted! I am really worried now that I have read so many people have put on weight as I am experiencing very blaoted tummy, I have spent a long time getting my weight in control and had just achieved a size 8 - 10 (UK) or 4-6 (US). I am a bit obessed with my weight and weighed myself this morning and am 7lbs (half stone) heavier than yesterday arrghhh! Am I being silly worrying about this so soon? I have just got rid of all my big clothes and have paid a fortune to have everything taken in :-(

I am considering this procedure but, like you, I have worked really hard to get to a size 10 and I am worried about the bloating and weight gain. I would like to know whether, one month on, this has subsided for you or whether you are having ongoing weight gain issues?

thanks

Sounds like your doctor is not a qualified physician. Did you ask any of the questions upfront? They are all basic information regarding the pre/post procedure. I had the ablation done a week ago and all of the side effects are exactly as described by my doctor. A pregnancy test, regardless of having your tubes tied, is standard practice due to what has occurred in the past (some women have indeed been pregnant). And performing the procedure while having your period is just fine. Prior to having this done, make sure you've done your homework and ask the proper questions so you're not caught off guard. Your doctor should have informed you though... that's their job.

I have gained like 15 pounds since my Novasurea and asked a nurse at my primary's whether she thought it was due to that and she said she had it and didn't gain any weight after hers. I have dieted, exercised and still every time I go to the drs', I've gained more!
Now I at least know it's not just me! I had the ablation done in Jan 2011 and haven't had ANY bleeding since then. Thats great but I would rather have the bleeding if I knew I was going to gain this much weight.