I had an endometrial ablation last week. I have no bleeding, slight clear discharge and feel generally good...slightly crampy when I do too much and am on my feet for a long time. I am wondering if it is safe to have intercourse...I am married and we are not worried about disease or pregnancy. Just wondering if it is the semen that could cause infection or if the penis can aggravate the cramps.
Thanks.

Had ablation on 10/20/06, waited two weeks to have intercourse, spottting and discharge has decreased .A little anxious about having intercourse after htre two week period but it was ok. now suffering from inflamation not sure if surgery was the cause of the inflamation.

I had the surgery a year a go last April, I am still having periods lasting 9 to 14 days. I am heavy for at least 7 of the days and spotting, cloting and then no period for a day then down pour. Has anyone else had this problem? I have not had a month with out a period since I had the surgery.

I had the surgery done in Nov. 2006 & am still not feeling right.
I have had this tugging sensation since the procedure that will not go away. My Dr. thinks it is nothing to worry about but there are days when it is quite painful & others when it is only midly discomforting. Also, someone mentioned a discharge. Mine has also not stopped but is a steady flow. . . almost worse than the periods before the surgery.
Has anyone had a similar experience. I have not been able to find any info to help & my Dr. is now not so helpful.

Hi, I also had NovaSure surgery in November of 2006,this was the worst pain for me ever, I had a miscarrige prior to that back in May of 06 and ever since came along the heavy periods, I bleed for 5 weeks after my surgery,then on Christmas day I statred beelding lightly for 3 days,only a panty liner, so now my body is all screwed up I dont know whats happening to it, I never break out with pimples but this time my whole face looked lika a rash, I do not know if was from hormone chages or what, this just is a mess, and now I just feel pregnant and scared to even take a test, me and my husband waited almost 2 months before we had sex because I still had discharge and bleeding for a long time after my surgery, I don't know,I saw where people have been pregnant after this surgery and I am scared, I have two boys and no promblems with them at all ,then in May I had the miscarrige at 9 weeks but on the ultra soud the baby was showing the size of about 5 weeks,but I got to see the heartbeat on that Friday and that following Tuesday I was having a dc,so sad...

Am considering have Novasure done in a couple of weeks.
What do you mean by you think you have inflammation??
Now I'm concerned!

I'm a 40 yo divorced mother of two children. I recently had the procedure done (last week too) and am feeling relatively good. Moderate clear discharge, no bleeding. My boyfriend has had a vasectomy and we both are disease free. Is it safe to have sex after the recommended two week waiting period even if discharge continues?

To the person with the heavy bleeding and down pour. I also have
the same kind of periods. Very heavy with clots then no bleeding for
a day and then gushing for a few hours then light for the next couple days.
I was reading an article that said that when we have periods our body
has a special way of clotting just for our periods and if the period lasts
too long, all the stuff that makes you clot is no longer there and that is
why there is no clotting and lots of gushing at the end. I am scheduled
to have novasure done in a couple of weeks. I will try anything because
anything is better than what I have gone through. I have only had ten
days off a month for the last year and a half that I don't actually bleed.
It sucks...

Quote:

I had the Novasure ablasion in December. Before the ablasion I would have periods lasting 5-7 days with only a couple days of passing lots of clotting, in which I had become anemic. My periods were always regular. I am 43 yrs old with 3 children, and thought this would be a great procedure since my husband & I are not planning any more children. I was looking forward to either no periods or very light periods. After the surgery I felt great with just a little cramping - I didn't even have to use any painkillers. I had very light bleeding for several weeks. Three weeks after that my periods lasted 10-11 days & then 3 wks after that my period started again, and has now lasted 10 days & won't stop. There's no real clots, but just pretty steady. Does anyone know if this is normal? At this point in time, I would rather go back to my regular periods.

Something must not be right because my doctor told me that it is just like getting a second degree burn. My periods last from 10-14 days and I only get 14 days off in between and has been this way for 2 years. At this point, I will do anything. I am 38 years old and this happened to my mother and she had to endure through it until she menopaused. What a nightmare. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about other possible
treatments.

Guest wrote:

Hello I had this surgery in July 2006 and I have the same problems that you mentioned. Terrible discharge flow. My doctor acts as if he never heard of this before, come on! Failed to tell us of the side effects. What can we do?Quote:

I just had the procedure a week ago and was never told about post op symptoms. I have had lots of watery yellow discharge. It is worse than a period because when it comes without warning it saturates any pad instantly. It feels like my water broke and gets everything wet. I never know when to expect this. If this is not happening I am cramping horribly and bleeding with clots. None of this was told to me. I worry that I will miss an important sign that there is a problem being that I have no idea what is normal following the procedure. If anyone is having this problem please post a note and let me know if it will stop. I dont see the doctor for another 3 weeks. I also took a tub bath not sure if that was contraindicated since again was given no instructions. Help

I'm scheduled for my Novasure tomorrow. Just got my period. Was wondering if they will still do the procedure?

wow it seems like a hit or miss with Novasure, I am considering this too, I have very heavy periods and tons of pain.

Supposely Novasure will cure the heavy bleeding, but I rarely hear anything regarding the pain.

Hello. I had the NovaSure procedure done 2 1/2 weeks ago for very heavy periods for over a year. I had bad cramping for about 5 hours after the procedure and nothing since. I have had no discharge or any side effects. I feel great and we had intercourse before the 2 week period. I was on the pill and technically should have had a period 2 weeks ago and have not had anything. It has been great for me.