I had the novasure proceedure done Dec. 10th/07.
I went through about three weeks of daily mini and panty
liner usage with ongoing discharge. No fever, no chills,
basically the norm in what they say your discharge will
be and look like for awhile. I would spot brown. Spot
yellow. Have thin discharge, clumpy discharge, and at
times, nothing at all. There was for a couple of days
a noticable odd smell. Nothing major however it was
definitely something new. That too went away.
Two weeks after that, I had started cramping and sure
enough, two days after that, I started bleeding.
Its been been 15 days thus far. I am not nearly as
clotty or heavy but I have been having to wear
protection now for close to 6 weeks and have had
a full period ongoing for 15 days. I am very curious
if this is going to a long haul of a recovery and if anyone
has had this outcome or is currently having this continual
day in, day out period. I had an OBY/GYN do it and he did
feel I required any check up or check in post surgery pending
I did not have a fever, chills, infection and green discharge.
I made an appointment with my family MD and will be seeing
him shortly. I also take a blood thinner called warfarin/coumadin.
I am wondering if having one's uterine lining burned off and taking
the warfarin, if this will perpetuate continual bleeding.
Any info or sharing of similiar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I also had the novasure procedure in December 2007. I've had the same symptoms as canadianwoman. Another factor is that I am also on Coumadin. It's been six days so far of my cycle. I was also diagnosed with fibroids. I am thinking that the post op cycle is from either the fibroid or the blood thinners. I will be seeing my doctor the first part of February. Please let me know the outcome of your situation as I am going through the same problems.

I had a Novasure in May 2008, and I did bleed and drain for 4 weeks, but afterward I have not had a menstrual since. It is March of 2009 and I have beagn to spot with some cramping. Is this normal

I had the Novasure procedure done on Octoberr 29th, 2009. I have had a lot of discharge with an odd smell and no bleeding until today. I have began spotting and cramping. I also think that I am having episodes of Psychosis. My mood swings today have been OUT OF CONTROL and I am completly nausious..I feel so bad for my hubby. How many times can I apologize?. I am not going back post op until 11/25. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Hi I have been searching for someone to tell me their outcome as well. I had the Novasure procedure done on Nov. 2. 2009, The first two weeks were exactly what they said to expect then on the beginning of the third week I started bleeding, waking up with chills and fever and had the foul smelling odor. Went back to Dr. and he said everything looked normal it may be my regular period. so I have been bleeding now for 6 days and want to know what to expect. Going on vacation next week and don't want to have to deal with no tampons, continual bleeding, no sex etc.

:'(

I had the ablation done on 12/10/2009. I had no immediate pain or cramping for the first two weeks. I had increased discharge. Then on the 3rd week, I had a full on bleeding spell so bad that I made a follow up appointment. I was passing fist sized clots of blood and went through 8 overnight pads in a 9 hour period. The doctor gave me aygestine (progesterone) to stop the bleeding. The bleeding halted but returned off and on for two weeks. It is now 01/14/2010 and I am still bleeding. I have probably bleed through my cloting more since the procedure then before I had it done. My doctor says it's normal and I will see results of the procdure within 3-6 months. By the way...........I have several large fibroids. Doctor also does not believe the fibroids are a factor in the bleeding.

I'm three days post op from Nuvasure and thus far only spotting a light red watery discharge (just like they said). Only had a bit of cramping right after the procedure, but no pain since then. I do have to say, however, that my surgeon did remove my very large fibrioid and did a D&C prior to performing the Nuvasure. He said that it would be the only way to ensure that the bleeding would stop and the fibroid not return. And he did also tell me prior to the procdedure that in fact the fibroid WAS the cause to the past 9 months of heavy bleeding during each period (went 30 years with normal periods and then all of the sudden extremely heavy and painful). And this was after seeing my PCP several times for the same thing, only she told me that the fibroid would not be causing the heavy bleeding, and it must be my pills (she switched my pills several times thereafter and nothing changed). Well, the specialist (my sergeon) I finally saw after her told me otherwise and I'm glad that someone had the balls to finally tell me the truth, and now, hopefully, I'm done with it. Even if my period returns to normal, I will consider this procedure a success. But the heavy bleeding has got to stop. And if it does not after having the Nuvasure, then I'm off to get it yanked alltogether. I simply refuse to live another 10 years or so bleeding profusly (until menopause), killing my sex life, and taking away all of my self confidence. It's time to get my life back, and if that means minus one uterus, then so be it.

I just had the procedure yesterday. I have had hardly any discharge - no bleeding at all. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me. Ever body else that I talked to said they had a lot of bleeding.

I have read all of these posts and I thank everyone for their comments. The only reason I even did a search on this is because like all of you now I am having problems after the Novasure procedure. Mine was done in Dec. 2007. I had the same minor issues as most everyone for about a month. Then nothing. It was a great 3 years of freedom. But then a week ago I started with severe cramping, headache and then bam, heavy bleeding started. It is so depressing isn't it?? I thought I was done forever. I started to panic a little thinking like many of you that something was wrong. (cancer, tumor, etc.) So I called the dr. who did the procedure on me .
Anyhow this is what he told me:
He said that in SOME cases over time some small part of the endometrium CAN grow back. Sometimes it is in the cervix or just at the opening of the uterus at the bottom. Sometimes also the surrounding tissue can collapse and somehow grow together. He said that now many side issues are popping up due to time has passed and now there is some history with the procedure. His conclusion for my case was that it was not serious. I may only have a couple of short periods per year , only one or maybe just spotting. He did tell me that if I bleed more than 5 days consecutively to go get checked. Thr dr.can put you on progesterone to stop things as long as there are no other issues. Fibroids, cysts, polyps, being on warfarin are all issues. Even aspirin, alcohol and certainly warfarin thin the blood and can make you bleed. In the case of warfarin you can bleed uncontrollably and become anemic, I would go to the dr. right away. I have decided to see how often this will repeat itself and then probably go to the dr. It can't be much longer, I am now 52. I like to hear the results of some of these early posts. Has anyone had to go back for a hysterectomy?

I am a 41 year old with 2 children and severe bleeding during my periods. I had the NovaSure procedure 4 days ago and the only thing that hurt was when they put the I.V. in my arm to sedate me. My doctor told me everything thing to expect---some cramping, bleeding which may be light or heavy (it varies person to person) and to expect a clear fluid like discharge anywhere from day 10-14 after the procedure. She told me to follow up with a visit 4 wks after and to call her if I have any questions. So far I am totally pleased with the way things are going. I had some minor cramping that lasted most of the 1st day (only needed Tylenol) and have had some very light bleeding with a mucus like discharge--normal as well. I was up and around the next day. For once in my life I am excited to get my period to see if the procedure worked for me. Some lucky women never get a period after having this done and for others it is a few days of spotting!

:x I had the procedure done earlier this year(May 2010), as I have PCOS--poly-cystic ovarian syndrome and I have always had very heavy periods, but after my 3rd child when they started back up I couldn't go 45min wearing a super-plus tampon and an overnight pad w/o having to change clothes. I opted for this procedure vs a hysterectomy since my doc recommended it and performed it on his own wife sucessfully. Well I had the heavy end of the normal spotting/discharge they tell you to expect but for almost 3wks, then a few days of nothing, then my period came back, it was far lighter, however I had bloating and cramping that I never had before....GREAT RIGHT!?!? Well now here its October and I'm not just having periods but random break through bleeding, not every day but at least every 1-3 days, its very frustrating to have an almost $10,000 procedure that never even spared me from one period and now I have to deal with random bleeding.....real good for the sex life and planning day to day activities! So what now I get a hysterectomy at age 36 and take potentially cancer causing hormones for the next 20-30yrs? WTF, will it even be sucessful!!!??? Can I get a refund and credit my insurance back their part?

I just had this procedure done two weeks ago. At first I had only light bleeding and discharge. After the third day, only discharge. On day 9, I started bleeding. Not heavy, but enough that I had to wear more than a panty liner, more like a thin pad. ( and I HATE pads). Day 15, I'm still bleeding. BLAH!!

** I had my Novasure procedure done yesturday as well, which was March 18th, 2011.

I was put to sleep for the prcedure, never checked for anything as far as a ultrasound goes, but

I have been bleeding lightly. I still have no pain, but what Ive read online is just scary~

I only did this in hope of never having a period again, no bleeding may be a good thing..

Good luck to you (-''

I had the Novasure done April 22, 2011. I had the normal discharge for about a week. a little over a week later, I started bleeding heavily with a very strong odor. It is terrible. I called my dr, who wasnt in, but her nurse told me I needed to go to the ER. I am not going to sit in the ER for hours so I wll be at her office in the morning to have her check me. I really hope the bleeding and the smell isnt long term. I wanted to be free from heavy bleeding.

I had the procedure done 6 weeks ago. At first it was just spotting. Then I got what I guess for most people is a normal period for 5 days. Still had to wear an overnight pad. Since then I am still bleeding. A couple of random days I did just have a discharge and there was a funky odor. Now back to bleeding. When I called the GYNO the nurse just acted like it was all normal and said "did you read the brochure" Since I had nothing nice to reply to that I thanked her and hung up.