I had novasure done 3 days ago and have a slight brown discharge that is already starting to lighten up. no watery discharge yet but i amsuming it is coming next. I had the procedure done in the office and was awake through the entire thing. VERY uncomfortable but not unbearable. i had the Novasure rep in the room as well so that was more comforting knowing that if something were to go wrong, he could fix it. the doctor also did the procedure about 25 seconds longer for good measure and because i was doing so well with it. Remember that this procedure is not a promise that periods will lighten or stop. I am hoping mine will but know that there is still the possibility they wont. I just got tired of waking up with so much blood all over me, my clothes and the bed that i was going to take any chance to alleviate it. I do have some cramping and when i over do it i can really tell. i slept most of the day the last 2 days, which was the day of and the day after the procedure with major pain once the numbing block wore off afer the procedure. in reading many horror storied here on what some of you are going through, i think you need another doctor!

Yes, I have heard of so many horror stories of novasure too. But your experience is definitely much more positive. I have done some reading of novasure on my own too and I think I will go for it despite all the negatives out there.

**edited by moderator**

I had the Novasure procedure two weeks ago. I have had discharge but it seems to be getting lighter. I am not sure what the end result would be but if it does not work then we will try something else. I feel very good about the procedure and expect good results.

I had the nova sure done about 6 months ago, I think this was the best decision I have made, no pain, I was dry for a long period of time but now I have a milkish discharge daily, I am not sure how I can treat this.

I'm concerned because I have so much discharge after procedure. I tried Monistat. I went back to OBGYN and he gave me an antibiotic but still I have watery yellow discharge and it has been 5 months ?

i have had only a very pale pink discharge, felt fine by the evening of the day of my procedure. so far so good. i thought the discharge would be heavier, but it's no big deal. very light cramping the first day, none since.
was an uncomfortable experience, but certainly not unbearable. i did some lamaze breathing while the nurse held my hand. I would highly recommend this procedure to any woman who goes through what i have gone through!

I just had the novasure procedure friday morning, and am amazed at how smoothly and pain free it went. I felt only some warmth & a bit of electronic pulsing, but no pain -except for the minor pinches of the needles that numbed me internally. I have had almost no discharge since, but I am waiting to see if something starts. I have only taken motrin today, and feel great- energy level is up and I am just taking care not to consume foods that will create gas- as I'm sure that would increase any pain. Wow- I hope it continues like the first two days !

:-D I had the Novasure procedure done a week ago yesterdayon 4/20/2010 - I was put under for it so I did not feel a thing. When I came too I was in no pain and had no ill affects. I did not have any cramping at all and still have not experienced any. I have had some discharge ever since it was done and some with a bloody tint but that is due to the Dr having to put a suture my cervix due to it leaking which this I do not totally understand but will ask him in depth at my two week check up next week. I took it easy the night it was done but the next day I was back to normal. The procedure was done on a Tuesday and by Wednesday I walked two miles to and from the park with my son, Thursday I was opeing my camper and raking and dumping leaves. Then on friday I even went to softball practice and hit balls and ran. Saturday I went to the track and ran and walked. I have been back to work since Monday and I have continued my normal activities which include running/walking over three miles every morning and then running or doing some type of physical activities after work with the children and still today the only sign that I had any type of procedure is the discharge.
My Dr is very good and he explained everything that he was going to do and then what he did do once I was awake. He even showed me the before and after pictures of my uterus( which were taken during the procedure). He also said that if there was cramping that it meant that something was burnt that should not have been. I am still skeptical about what will happen when my period is supposed to be here so we will see what happens then. But in my opinion and from my results to date I would reccommend this procedure. I have actually already recommended it to a few ladies I work with.

Hope all that are having issues find solutions and I hope those who are thinking of it remember everyone is different and their body will react and heal differently than others. THe best thing to keep in mind is to make sure your doctor is reliable and that he listens to you because no matter what anyone tells you - you usually know when something is wrong with your body!
Have a good week and Good luck to you all!