Hi. I've occasionally discovered during the ultrasound exam that I've been having hepatocellular adenoma for six months now. Can this benign liver tumor turn to a cancerous one? In that case, how can I prevent the transformation?

Don't worry; adenoma rarely becomes cancerous. This benign tumor is quite common and manifests no symptoms. It happens though that it suddenly ruptures and bleeds into abdominal cavity: only then the surgery is required. You should carefully follow the grades of its development; in case that it turns to a cancerous tumor after all, take the required steps on time, before it metastases.

I wouldn't say don't worry. Certain things can help these tumors grow qicker and these are the things you want to keep away from. I would say make sure you get it checked with your doctor once a year atleast. I had a tumor like yourself and was told that I was lucky I didn't become pregnant as It would have caused horrible complications.. i.e internal bleeding and the rest.

Although they might suggest that it is nothing to worry about, you need to understand why its there and how to prevent further growth.

Make sure you keep an eye on it to be safe. Your not alone though.

;-)

I am wondering if anything became of your benign liver tumor? I am in a situation where I was told not to worry..... The pain has gotten worse over the past 8 + months. I found out over a month ago that a couple of the tumors ruptured. Unsure why, I guess I should be asking more questions. Just ready to stop hurting!!! I am to have surgery soon. Would love to hear more about any other experience. Thank you and best of luck with your liver.