What is the exact problem with psychotic people and how they could be helped? I am in fact curious if a depression could make a part of psychotic people and what triggers them behaving so negative? My wife was diagnosed with some moderate form of depression and was advised to be hospitalized for a short period of time but I don't seem to understand what would she be doing there with all those psychotic people in there and is there any chance she got some home treatment?

Well it is common that mild and moderate depression are home treatable my stepmother just got out off the Prozac for she is one of these psychotic people and in fact she is depressed mostly and also is suffering from panic attacks so the prozac was there to help her with this but I am positive what helped her the most is aerobic "therapy" I was bringing her on with me as well as wide social life. anyway to me it doesn't looks like your wife is of the psychotic people but if so than she should be hospitalized for that is how she would get proper help for you know dealing with psychotic people isn't fun at all and finally sometimes it isn't even safe being around them so maybe if that is how you were advised than it is better let her get this hospital treatment for that is the place where psychotic people are treated the most effectively.