I have had lower abdominal pain now for a week... Its sore all over but it will change from the right side to the left side. I feel a bit nausious too. The pain started as a small ache but has gotten worse. I went to the doctor and he said that it could be the beginning stages of appendisitis, but im not sure as that would only be the right side, right? He said he was not sure as there was nothing wrong when he did the urine test. The pain does not go away. Although it is not agonising.

hello, i had the same problem, lower abdominal pain that was mainly on the right but did often go to my left hand side to. it went on for 4 weeks and i went to the doctors lots of times and was admitted to hospital 4 times. They argued that it was my appendix and other surgeons said it was not my appendix, after 4 weeks of agony they eventually took it out, after i had been admitted to hospital so many times.
Now im still getting the pain that has now started to shift upwards towards my ribs. Just been given buscopan to try and relieve the spasms. Awaiting to be seen in outpatient appointments now.
In my case they removed my appendix although it was inflammed it was not the cause of my pain and they still dont no what it is.
Maybe they want to be 100% sure what it is so they dont put you through unnecessary surgery and still end up with the pain after the weeks of recovery you have to go through. I also had urine retention to.

alo, dawn52, just want to ask do you suffer also lower back pain?