My fiance and I are getting married on August 28th. :-D We are planning on starting our family right away. So we have already started the proper planning process for trying to conceive. I stopped taking the pill in February after 11 years of being on it. I take calcium pills and folic acid daily and we are both very active and healthy eaters.

When I went off the pill I got my next period about the same time I normally would. My 2nd period was very light with lots of cramps, but it didn't come until 43 days after the 1st one and only lasted 3 days.

Yesterday we went out for lunch with my parents. Later in the day and evening I still felt fairly full. So I didn't eat dinner. I finally told my fiance that my lower abdomen felt very tight and slightly crampy when we were going to bed. My lower back also slightly hurt. He said he didn't want to tell me before, but at lunch today he noticed that I was absolutely "glowing". I have never heard him say this before, and he said he has never seen me look like this before. Today, I still have the lower abdominal tightness, still feel full and slightly cramped and bloated.

Any ideas?? My fiance told me to take a test today. Are we just seeing things that maybe aren't there?? We would both be very happy if I was pregnant, but I'm sure my mom would be upset, because we might have to find another wedding dress that will fit me in 4 months!! o.O

Hi there wbfd22

When you come off the pill you can become very fertile once you have missed it for a day or 2 and it is very possible to get pregnant straight after you come off it

and with taking folic acid daily you chances of becoming pregnant are at a higher rate than some one who is not taking it as it get your uterus ready for a baby ....

When was you LKP (last known period)???

and if you can when was the last few times you and you finance had unprotected sex???

Hi honey! It ALL depends on when you had unprotected sex and when you ovulated etc. It is hard with coming off the pill - as this usually causes a disruption! So keeping in mind it ALL depends on when and IF you became pregnant, take a test int eh morning and lets see! IF it is negative - it doesn't mean anything yet! Also take PreNatal Vitamins - as you need more than just Folic Acd - there is Vitamin D and Biotin etc. So you have to try those - even though they are like Horse Pills! So Fingers CROSSED and lets see what the test say?

Also when we come off or Bc we can get weird period for a few months till our bodies get use to it not having medication to help prevent us from getting pregnant, Women have varying reactions to going off the birth control pill. For some women may experience side effects ranging from irregular periods to weight loss. No one can completely tell you what to expect in your particular case,

For women who are trying to get pregnant, this means that you can conceive as soon as your body begins ovulating again, which for some women is in as little as two weeks.