I am 23 years old and for the last couple of days I have been having really painful stomach cramps followed by frequent loose bowel movements, one of which was slightly green in colour :$

I have also had lower back pain, like a dull ache around my back and hips which seems to be getting steadily worse.

I had a kidney infection last year and the lower back pain I am experiencing now is very similar but the other symptoms are not the same.

I am drinking as much water as I can manage just incase it is related to my kidneys, I know I don't drink enough normally.

Any ideas what this can be?

I actually had something like this a few weeks ago and it sounds like you have food poisoning. I hope that you are taking it easy on yourself and having soups, drinking some gatorade, and recovering otherwise. I know that it's not a lot of fun but laying low while you're feeling sick like this is a good idea. So please let us know how you're doing in a day or two, okay?

I guess it could be food poisoning, I did have prawns on Sunday...

I don't feel sick at all though and have been eating normally with no problems.

I'm more concerned about the aching pain in my lower back, it is so uncomfortable.

Thank you for your help, I shall take it easy and see what happens... %-)

The diarrhea that you are experiencing definitely sounds like it could be food poisoning, or at least maybe related to the prawns that you ate. You may say that you are eating normally with no problems, but if you have aching in your back and constant diarrhea, then that is not eating normally with no problems.

I definitely think it's a good idea that you take it easy and maybe select some gentle foods like soup or something. Please let us know how things turn out.

sounds like ibs...irritable bowel syndrome...i have the same problems and the only thing i have read on it was to take in more fiber. ive never tried cause its always different...sometimes 4 times a week sometimes twice a month...been dealing with it for so long just a part of life now...but def annoying

Hello I need some help. For the past week I have had diarrhea, green stool, and pain in my stomach, and lower back pain. I'm pregnant also so im getting a little worried about it. I'm not getting sick other than usual morning sickness. I eat all the time, I don't eat vegatables very often though. I called my doctor and they told me to drink alot of water and eat more but I drink 6 bottles a day and eat fiber all the time. I think they don't know what they are talking about so I figured I would ask ya'll. It's getting stressful. pls let me know something soon my e-mail is reply there if you can pls because idk when I will be able to get back to this site. Thank you

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use