iam 21 now. lately, i started having gas in my anus/rectum. don't know how and why but it doesn't matter if i eat or not i still have constant gases.it bothers me alot and iam tired of it. i have diahrea almost every time i go to the bathroom. my lower back and hips are in constant pain as well. iam thinking this might be postatre disease or maybe something else? ialso have spasm sometimes. it feels like spasm is going from rectum to bladder i would say. its hard to describe but it hurts like crazy. when i was 15 i was stupid. used to insert different things in my anus and now iam thinking i might damage some of the inside organs. iam really worried and scared. also i ahve constant pain feels like pelvis (cuz its like inside) also hips too. please help me.

Dear Champion

It sounds to me as though you may have a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's). Constant diarrhoea is common in these diseases, as is abdominal pain and pain the rectum. They can also cause joint pain and excessive gas. I have Crohn's myself, so know what I'm talking about! The most common age of onset is 15-30, so you do fit into this group.

Iknow it may all sounds scary just now, but you should go to your doctor and explain your symptoms in full. I doubt this is connected to you inserting things into your anus, so please don't worry about that.

For more information on IBD, check ou www.NACC.org.uk.

Best wishes
Lucy

I have got exactly the same symptoms with you champion. I would like to ask if you found out what was it that you had?

i did not find. my physician says everything is okay which is not true. if i still have pain its not ok. have you?

Guest
i have not found the problem. a year later i still have this pain. went to physician, he said nothing is wrong which is untrue because i still have pain. asked about inflammatory bowel disease and he said its not it either. i wonder if they have any idea how to cure patience. they have doctors degrees but know nothing how to cure it. if they don't know the cure they say its ok, nothing is wrong.

I have the same symptoms. I have hip, lower back pain and tons of unexplained gas all the time. I recently went gluten free because I found out I am allergic to gluten. I might be allergic to dairy as well so that will be next. I have no insurance, can't afford to see a doctor right now but whatever is going on is getting worse and is sometimes debilitating.