Hi guys. New here. I will preface this by saying I'm 24, in good health, but 4 years ago while doing power cleans I did something wrong and got a sharp pain in the left part of my chest. I stopped lifting and walked around. For about an hour my chest would get a sharp pain every time I coughed or breathed too hard. It stopped after an hour or two, but over the next couple days I would get recurring light, pain, sometimes not even pain, just kind of a pulsating feeling. I went to the doc, three times... over the next week. Had a chest x-ray, ekg, they listened to my heart. Everything sounded fine. I went back several times. About 9 months later I went to the doctor and they gave me a halter monitor for 24 hours... no problems. I went back to the doc again 3 or 4 months later and once again everything was fine. That halter monitor was 3 years ago. I've had all kinds of symptoms ever since. I should also mention the doctors thought I had anxiety. My symptoms include, random chest pain ( I eat a lot of hot, spicy foods, maybe heartburn), heart palpitations (usually the day after too much drinking or caffeine), anxiety attacks probably every month or two, and every once in a while, maybe two or three times a yr, I will feel like I took in a huge breath, and my heart will beat probably over 200 bpm for a few minutes, but with no pain or other symptoms, just extreme anxiety. I've told a doctor about the last one and he didn't seem to know anything about it. Lately I've been having the chest spasms I described in the subject line, often after going up stairs or getting up from the cough. No pain, but it makes me anxious. It's kind of like a light squeezing in part of the chest muscle(I think) around the left-lower part of my left pectoral. Only lasts a couple seconds. I've had a bunch today, but yesterday was a heavy drinking (yeah I see the correlation). I'm considering going back to the docs to check in and get a fresh diagnosis, but I feel like they will just tell me it's anxiety and that because I am pretty muscular (I work out a lot and have pretty large pectorals). I almost never get pain or weird symptoms while working out, even while running really hard on a treadmill or outside, so I'm guessing the doctors are right, but I get really anxious. Anyone have similar symptoms? Any responses are appreciated. It helps me to share. Thanks

I am 29 and have the exact same thing. I had an issue while working out when I was about 16-17 that lead to severe chest pain and it was random when the pain came but when it did it would last an hour or so and I couldn't even take a breath. Weird thing was it was either on my left or right side of chest. Never figured that out. Wore monitor for a while did EKG which I have had several and all good. I am in shape but have very bad anxiety and panic attacks often. You described the quick painless cramp feeling in lower pec or left side of chest. This has been happening to me alot lately. It's painless but it scares me and seems to make me dizzy for just a second. Did you figure anything out on what it was?

Ya me too Something in my chest contracts over and over again and it hurts really bad and causes me to stop breathing because if I do it will hurt worse so I have to take little short light breaths so I can breath and see if it has passed they normally last a few seconds but the worst lasted 1min and 16sec they use to happen when I was little but it was once every few or every yr now I'm 17 and is happened 4 times in the passed week and now it's getting worse cause it will happen randomly throught the day but there just little pains instead of the spasim it feels like my bronchial tubes are contracting really heard and I say that because it's small it's not like a big muscle that spases it's under my heart in the middle of my rib cage it feels like its on my left lung it's only on the left side I have a history of asthma and bronchitis also I have many allergies to the outside world but they happen when I'm inside and mostly at night I'm not out of shape but I'm not techally in one either it always happened when I'm doing well nothing I'm usually just sitting down when it happenes I'm going to the dr soon but I wanna do a little research

Yeah i know exactly what you're talking about..ive been told its angina, but im not sure if that's it or not..stress, heart disease, any number of things can lead to it..its also hereditary too..pretty annoying i know that

Will all of you guys please consult a chiropractor, or at least a massage therapist?  You have a pectoral muscle spasm and/or a rib malposition

Thx. I've seen a chiropractor off & on for years- he always

'makes me better" I have a kind of charlie horse pain in my RIGHT chest, under my 'boob' tissue... I have tight muscles all around my shoulders, , so yes, I will be going back to my chiropractor.

Sounds like it could be a cheat spasm/very tight pectoral muscles at the front of your chest. If they're restricted, they affect the breathing and can cause anxiety, panic attacks, tight, painful chest, chest flutters etc. Find and do regular stretches to your pectorals and your intercostal (rib) muscles, and see if this helps

Sounds like it may be costcochondritis. Look it up. Good Luck -Nano-

Hey man the same thing happen to me but I be geting pain in my arm too. Its sometimes heart attack symptoms but when I went to the hospital they said I look healthy which I do not understand

I get the same thing in same spot, but have recently been diagnosed with pulmonary arterial hypertension (im only 32 and overall good shape 5'10" 175lbs but also in just 3rd month of recovery from a two level lumbar fusion and did smoke for 15 years).my BP is 120/80 i eat good etc but they found that the BP of arteries is high (i never knew this even existed) and the left side of my heart pumps out the blood through aorta which has something like a flank at the end so the blood gets pumped out but "regurgitates" the blood back into where its being pumped out of so i need a Stent and dr says i am not a candidate yet for procedure so its very scary. .im nervous now all the time and dont want to die.NOT SAYING THIS IS ANYONE ELSES REASON FOR THAT MUSCLE SPASM BUT I WOULD GO TO ANOTHER DR GET A 2ND OPINION REGARDLESS