The period I just had had an unusually light flow (about half my regular flow, as a rough estimation) which lasted three days (one day less that my regular), and then this pain came the morning my period ended. I woke up with a sharp pain about halfway from my belly button to my left hip. It was intense, so much so that if the spot was any bigger I would cry, but for the rest of the day it was more of a mild, hardly noticeable discomfort. I'm wondering if this could be implantation bleeding and not a period. And if it is a period why it was so strange this time and, if this is a pregnancy, could it be ectopic or similarly abnormal? Soooo confused

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am having similar pains.... do you know what it could be?

im having pains exactly as your describing but mine started when i got pregnant the first time an then i lost that pregnancy at 6 weeks i got pregnant again lost it at 8 weeks but didnt no until 11 weeks when the pain got so bad i had to go in to hospital they just fort it was pains cos of the missed misscarrage, then i got pregnant again then i had to go in to hospital again because of this pain they find a partial mole pregnancy so i have to have a d&c to have it removed, i have not become pregnant since and im not allowed to try until 16th december 2010 because of the partial mole but this pain has been with me from the start and i have had a scan to try and see what it is but nothing found and the doctors just dont seem to care but this pan is very pain full and quite frankly i hate it and i want it to go away!!!! i really want to find out what it is there seems to be a number of things it could be but im thinking its some sort of thing wrong with my lefy ovary??