I had gall bladder surgery about 10 years ago and I still have pain in my right side under my ribs. Is this normal? It use to hurt some of the timem nowm it hurts most of the time. What can be done about this?
Thanks

My husband is 25yrs old and had his open gallbladder surgery approx. 10yrs ago. This past year he has been complaining that his scar has been hurting. He describes a sharp pain behind his scar, almost internally. He's scared it is tearing from the inside. I don't know what it can be. The pain seems to be getting worse and more frequent. Why would his scar be hurting more then 10 years after his surgery??

My husband is 25 yrs old, and had open gall bladder surgery about 10 yrs. ago. The past year or so, he has been complaining that his scar has been hurting. It has been getting increasingly worse. It is now a sharp pain and is not constant, but every now and then, when he bends or twists, or reaches for something. He fears the scar is tearing from the inside out, and describes the pain as internal.

I have read a little bit about the possibility of the scar tissue attaching to the intestine or other organs, 2-4 years after this surgery. I wonder if it can also happen as much as 10 years after the surgery?

He is going to see a doctor soon, to try to find out what it is. I hope is not the worst case scenario. However, I wonder what else it could be.

Has anyone ever had these similiar symptoms? Years after gallbladder surgery? Any success on a diagnosis? Any successfull stories?

THANK YOU

My pain started almost a year after surgery & it was the same burning pain that I had before I had the GB removed.

I did a lot of research & found that the bile production can be too little or too much once the GB is gone. Not having the GB can also put a strain on the liver.

I have been taking a liver cleanse tablet since last summer & my pain is gone.

The tablets I take also help with controlling bile production & it seems to be working, I have been pain free since about the 2nd week of taking the liver cleanse tablets.

my gall bladder was removed by laser, jan. 31, 2012. prior to this, i had the pain in my right side for 4 or 5 months. after the surgery now, i have the pain again, not severe, actually very mild. according to my surgeon, my gall bladder was only functioning 17%--i saw the test. further, my gall bladder was sent to the lab and found to be ineffective. so now, what? i can live with the present level of pain/sensation, but is this normal?

I had a gallbladder removel i had gallstones but still have pain in my right side and going though to my back too i went to the doctors and she gave me some painkiller but they are not working.so i am going back to the doctors on monday 9th of stepember.