The past few times my boyfriend and I have had intercourse, my left labia majora has become swollen. When I press on it, it hurts, and I can feel some type of hard lump. This pain also happens when I cross my legs or shift around funny. At first, I thought that I was having my first yeast infection. I used the Monistat 3 cream as directed, and the swelling went away 5 days after I began the treatment. However, my boyfriend and I had intercourse again today, and the swelling appeared again within 20 minutes after having sex. My boyfriend has no signs of a yeast infection or any type of STD. Does anyone have any idea on what might be going on? Could this be a Bartholin Cyst? Do those just come and go with intercourse?

you may have ingrown hairs. they hurt so bad. i know. i would go to a skin dr and ask them what they think.

I've had that happen to me too a couple times and its always on the left side. i think its just from friction like sex being rough or lack or lubricant. For me they usually go away after a day or so. Icing sometimes can help it

You have found the cause: it is the activity/intercourse. It happens if the activity is a little extreme. The problem is when they are painful. People suggest hot bath, sometimes ice.

Most of my swelling went down after I woke up from having sex but there is still a hard lump left I do think it was from friction though because this is the first its ever swelled

Thanks so much yeah, on the left and .. Was starting to think something else