It started off tonight with no pain. Just a very very mild sensation of something in my neck/throat area when I swallowed. It is hard to pinpoint the spot exactly but it is kinda slightly to the left side of my lower neck. Feels like it's around the esophagus area if I had to guess. It is progressively getting worst and I can feel the lump or whatever it is when I swallow much more. It is becoming quite painful even when I'm not swallowing and my neck feels very tight. I can feel the pain/spot or lump when i turn my neck to the left and that hurts the most. I can't actually find a lump anywhere because it is deep in my neck/throat. Please help, what is this?? I am beginning to become very anxious, and the pain is getting worst. Again it is a very tiny spot.

Go to the Doctor...could be mumps. strep...something else..but ya...you need to see a doctor...