I saw a diagram of groin glands and I didn’t understand anything. However, my groin glands are still swollen, and I don’t know why. Everybody say it may be an ingrown hair, but I have never had problems with hair down there, as I have only few and I don’t even shave. What could it be then? Thanx!

Hello! Swollen glands are usually sign of infections but can as well be a sign of something more important and dangerous. I won’t go into details, I will just number these conditions, and if your swelling continues, or even gets bigger, you should visit an endocrinologist as soon as possible. The conditions that have swollen groin glands are : drug reaction, cancer, hernia, Bartholin's abscess , Bubonic plague , Chancroid, Gonorrhea, Hodgkin's Disease, Lymphatic Filariasis, Lymphogranuloma venereum, Lymphoma, and Syphilis

How do you mean you saw diagram? I am not sure that I understand this but the thing that I can tell you is what can cause your groin glands to swells. Usually lymph nodes can swell if you have some kind of infection, so I agree that ingrown hair can cause the swelling. And to be honest in most cases this is the reason of the swelling. But other conditions like hernia, cancer or injury to your groin area can cause your glands to get swollen. Thing with ingrown hair is that it usually doesn’t last too long. As soon as the infection goes so will your swelling. Have you seen any ingrown hairs down there?