Can you please tell me what medical conditions have swollen groin as a symptom? I suspect that it is infected lymph gland, but I am not sure. I remember when my friend had gonorrhea that he had similar symptom.

Well, swollen groin lymph nodes can be caused by infection of groin area, but also by drug reaction, virus or cancer. There is a long list of conditions with “swollen groin” as symptom, but I think you should seek for professional medical advice about the cause of this symptom. Gonorrhea is one of the possibilities; these bacteria can infect the genital tract, the mouth, and the rectum.

Hi there,
Well there is not just one condition that can cause swelling of the groin lymph node. You have to understand that any infection in that area can trigger lymph nodes and get them enlarged. Your guess is that this is connected with gonorrhea. This is a possibility because sexual transmitted disease might cause the swelling. You have to understand that an ingrown hair might do the same, so don’t presume the worse. You will have to get tested and you need to find the main cause of the swelling. How long have you been having this condition? Were you using any medication to get rid of this condition? Have you had any injuries in the groin area in past several days?