Hello. I'm a medical student and I'm on a forth year of medical faculty.
I have this problem and I was hopping someone can help with it.
Every week someone of us gets one assignment about one medical subject.
Lest week I got one assignment about one subject-lymph node glands and I got to submit my work very soon.
So, I don’t have enough time to read several books to compose this and I was wondering could anybody help me by telling me the most important fact about this. Any help will be most than welcome!

Well because your deadline is approaching very fast I’ll try to help you as much as I can.
Lymph nodes are glands that play an important part in your body's defense against infection. They produce lymph, which travels throughout your body in the lymph system, and filters impurities in your body.
There are located in all parts of human body but there are some bigger groups of it.
Common areas where the lymph nodes can be felt include:
groin, armpit, neck (there is a chain of lymph nodes on either side of the front of the neck, both sides of the neck, and down each side of the back of the neck), under the jaw and chin and behind the ears.
Lymph nodes often can become swollen. This can occur if they get infected, during some inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer.
There are some rules for homecare of lymph nodes like when swelling appears suddenly and is painful, it is usually caused by injury or an infection and if they grow gradually and painlessly may result from malignancy or tumor.
Good luck with your assignment.