Hi I'm an 18 year old female and I have a small, irritating lump between my two upper front teeth. I have braces but I don't think it's anything to do with them. The lump is extremely annoying and it's beginning to hurt when I eat now (I've had it about 4 days). Pleaseeee help in a slight bit of agony with this, as if braces weren't s ought hassle. I don't have bad oral hygiene but I do smoke, possible cause?

It sounds like the gums between your two upper front teeth are inflamed by something that is irritating them.  This is called gingivitis; you probably have seen commercials about mouth wash brands claiming to prevent this. It is good that you are practicing good oral hygiene.  It will take some time for it to heal up so you may want to avoid anything that can aggravate the inflammation like citrus fruit or biting into apples, for example.  It should heal on its own in no time.  If it gets worse by beginning to get signs of infection or bleeding, you will want to contact your dentist about it.