I had one before and read about it and it was "piles" I recently had the diarraha bug and went quickly, I had one and read just to keep it clean and it went in a few days it wasn't very painful, I recently found another one!! It's more painful and harder! I'm only 15 and don't really want to speak to my mum about it? Is there anyway to get rid of it and prevent it from coming back??

Hello Sam,

It sounds like you might have hemorrhoids.  Quite often these swollen tissues develop due to excessive straining.  Hemmorrhoids are quite common and there are a number of over-the-counter (OTC) medications you can use if you feel you need to.  Just, make sure that you keep that area clean so infection doesn't set in.  Other than that, I don't think there's much you can do.  It's good hear that you don't have any discomfort from the swellings.  If you were wondering, piles is another name for hemorrhoids.  It's an old laymen's term and it is still used today by the public.