Im 21 yo male and I have this lump under my skin right at the left of the opening of my anus, feels like I can move it around. its not inside. It's pretty uncomfortable and have had it for a few days now. It only really hurts when I push on it. Sometimes it becomes less inflammed but is still there. From what I can tell it is the same as skin color. I'd rather not go get it checked out if it will go away. What is it???

Hi there,

Lumps near your anus can be very frightening and I have to tell you that many have these problems. You are young and this problem often happens to elderly. There are several things that could cause this problem. Do you know anything about hemorrhoids? IN most cases the hemorrhoids are the main reason behind anal lumps. You have to understand that this will not be easy to treat and some cases can only be treated with surgery. You should see your doctor in order to see what is the main reason behind your lumps. Also you need to pay more attention to your hygiene. I hope this helped a bit.

Best wishes,

Marco

Honestly it's wrong to assume this has anything to do with hygiene. Plenty of people have had hemorrhoids and they are clean and hygienic. Truth is it happens to about 80% of the population at some point or another.

I'm not a doctor but what worked for me was some towelettes with witchhazel. I will mention that if there is bleeding or pain you should have it looked at and there is nothing to be embarassed about. I'm only 31 and have already had a colonscopy and a couple other surgeries for a medical condition. Trust me they would rather you ask and remain healthy then for it to be something bad. Okay back to the witchhazel towelettes I just TUCKS its worth the extra money. Those should work in about a week. If there is bleeding longer then one week you need to go to a doctor. Wipe carefully to keep the bleeding down and don't lift heavy things for a while.

The TUCKS can sting a bit sometimes for some people but I found it soothing and it didn't sting for me. withhazel in the tucks numbs the sore area and can aid in healing. Again though if this lasts more then a week it's good to have a doctor look at it. When I had mine checked out the doctor told me to not lift heavy stuff for a while and to use the tucks with witchhazel.