wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumvallate_papillae

i am very young and i have bumps on the back of my tongue. they aren't white and are painless. There are too on each side and i am scared after reading a response that says it could be lung cancer from heavy smoking or acohal. i am around family who smokes, not alcohal, smoking. I'm not sexually active, again, i am young. I've never even had sex, so yeah. Both my dad and my mom smoke, and they have for as long as i can remember, my dad quit a few years ago, but my mom is a heavy smoker. She smokes any where around me and my older brother and sister. In the car, in the living room, her room, the basement, both bathrooms, kitchen, anywhere except our bedrooms. I also have problems running. I asked my sister and she does too. She's 18. She says that she went to the doctors and they said it wasn't asthma so i don't know. If i run to far or long i can't breath, but i'm not sure if that is because i am overweight. Me and my sister and brother were all afriad we're going to get second hand smoke, but never assumed we would, now i'm afraid that i have lung cancer, could i get that from second hand? We've talked to my mom, but she won't quit. I'm so scared right now, please help me!

- young and concerned.

I'm not really sure what's happening but -

I also have bumps on the back of my tongue. They resemble the picture, they're all over the place back there, and they don't hurt unless I'm intentionally trying to scratch them out (duh). They're red too, not white at all.

I also have weird spots on the top of my tongue that are getting bigger in size and number by the day, I noticed while I was brushing my tongue in the morning. Everything is red, not white. Also, nothing hurts. I had oral thrush on the back of my throat extremely bad about a month ago, and took yeast infection medication for it, but maybe it's back and on my tongue?

I'm also sexually active, but have not been with a risky partner in about 6 months. Would something just now be showing up? I don't smoke or drink very often, and by that I mean I don't smoke anymore, used to maybe once a week while out with friends, and I have one or two drinks maybe once a week. My diet isn't the healthiest thing and I don't get much exercise. I'm really afraid of what all this could mean, and I can't afford a doctor and tests. I've seen HIV/AIDS and geographic tongue as possibilities, but I'm not sure. Help!

hello,
i have been worried about a lump on the floor of my mouth. It is white, oddly shaped and about a size of a marble and painless. It is also bony-like. I am a non smoker but I do have HPV. Most people have HPV and do not know it. I will see a doctor. Can anyone give me some insight should I not worry. Other symptoms are voice cracks sometimes and Ido think this is normal but I have red lumps on my tongue like a pea size in back of mouth.

I just recently had an allergic reaction to nuts, it was minor, but I still have these lumps on the back of my tongue. They are tongue colored and uncomfortable but not painful. i was just wondering if anyone had any home remedies to get rid of them.

Thanks

\

Having same problem and it is painful, feel like a popcorn kernal stuck bath there. Let me know what you find and vice versa!

I have these strange white bumps on the back of my tongue where my bitter taste bud are. They never hurt or itch but i need to know what they are.

Do you smoke anything? Cigarettes, recreationals- etc.

Could be some sort of deposit from such a thing.

I have never really believed in all that organic herbal cure stuff. But after suffering from that for weeks and reoccurent bouts of enlarged c. papillae over months, I started taking on the suggestion of a health food friend.

Believe me I was skeptical. But the dentist or the doctor who looked at it didn't have any suggestions, other than, well they do that live with it. It's hard to live with it. For me it felt like a piece of popcorn stuck in the back of my throat all the time. I hated it.

Probiotics. It worked in a week or less. I couldn't afford the real expensive stuff she suggested but got Jarrow Jarro-Dophilus EPS. I found it on sale at a local health food store for under $20. You need a variety that has as many probiotics you can get. Sort of a shotgun effect that way I suppose. I don't want to get into a debate about the benefits or non benefits of multi probiotic combinations as it was irrelevant. Results only are relevant.

I swear that it really helped. And the only time it came back was when I was on a hot food binge. (apparently some pepper oils kill off healthy gut flora as well as some antibiotics) I did read that certain peppers and derivatives are used for parasite control in both human and animals.

Your digestive system is handicapped when it doesn't have enough gut flora to process the food properly and somehow this affects the your papillae's health. My friend suggested that the fact your immune system is weakened when your digestive system is not working efficiently.

My friend Don Lemmon author of "Know How" Nutrition also supported the theory that proper and efficient digestion is the key to good health and physical fitness.

i tried the probiotics and they are still there. At first it seemed like it was going away, but than all of a sudden after maybe 2 weeks of the probiotics it started getting worst... I did try to quit smoking at first, but i fell off the horse, "seems like it bothers me more after smoking". I really cant stand the bumps anymore. I'm getting scared, I hope its something very curable. Halls usaully helps the discomfort. Hot tea and gargull hot salt water. but it never goes away, I need help.... Scared of doctors

I just got back from an ENT with this SAME issue.

I was sleepless for days.

Turns out to be irritated/inflamed taste buds.

Looks really scary. I thought for sure that I was in for some REALLY
ugly options.

I have to say... don't read about it, get to a specialist.

I'm still not out of the woods. Turns out he took more notice of
a small sore on the back/left side of my tongue and two tiny round
bumps on the other side.

He said that hes pretty sure that they're nothing to worry about, but
wants me back in three weeks for a follow-up.

FINE BY ME!

Nothing worse than living in fear.

This morning I was at the GP and by this afternoon I was in the ENT
office.

Just go and have it looked at.

Cheers,

]R[

Certain foods seem to make mine worse. Spicy hot peppery foods, my favorites, seem to do it. So I cut down on them and worked on keeping my system healthier.

I think that while it is commendable to try to get healthier, it is a problem when you have some unhealthy habits which contradict getting better.

Smoking can cause all kinds of irritations. And I've buried far too many friends and family members who have had the habit.

I would look into a smoking treatment program. A friend of mine kicked the habit by taking a prescription which totally turned him off on tobacco. He has been smoke free for 6 months now and is enjoying the full tastes of food and beverage.

I'm also having the white tongue, bitter taste, and now the bumps on back of tongue - like popcorn kernels which makes me feel like gagging sometimes. I was on Medifast and am thinking it might be an allergic reaction either to the product or to artifical sweeteners, but not sure as I stopped the product 5 days ago and still having symptoms. Let me know if anyone finds a way to get relief....

Same problem with inflammed rear taste buds. Any idea's on relief?

ok so i have problems with strep throat. i get it alot! i was supposed 2 have my ontsils removed but my mom wouldnt let me get it done. now that i am 18 i have no insurance. nd lately i have been getting SEVERE sore throats and i had white and black blisters on the back of my throat like on my tonsils. i cant go 2 the doctor because i dont have insurance and i really cant afford it. i am also having breathing problems. i am worried because i was reading about the red bumps on the back of my tongue and someone said something about lung cancer, that frightens me because i have a long history of cancer in my family. i was also worried that maybe piercings may interact with it, i have my tongue pierced and im not sure if its making things worse. i have alwayz had chronic sore throats but as ive gotten older its gotten worse. im also having problems swallowing.

if anybody has any advice PLZ help me out!