i have bumps on the back of my tounge and the back of my throat is red with bumps also wen i touch them they burn i have been sexually active but this happende befor i started having sex again what could this be im super afraid to go to the doctor because im an underage smoker

I was worried and showed my wife the same bumps. She showed me her too...everybody has them. I believe I noticed them because I've been eating a lot of chipotle and fire balls lately. They are either inflamed from that, or from pollen allergies.

Worst case scenario is that those lumps are the herpes simplex virus. The lumps are painful and contgious. For more intomation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex

This is insane!

I have that too but i am only 10

i have like stuff on my tounge that looks like some body has cut my tounge

I have a related problem, but the 1-2 bumps do not hurt, they are not red or white they are my tounge color , and I wouldn't of even knew they were there if I didn't randomly look in my mouth. Can anyone help?

im having the same thing but the lumps are not that big but there still bumps, it hurts my tongue to swallow, im not sexually active at the moment so does that mean i have lung cancer ? are their any other ways to find this out on your own ?

No, you don't have cancer. That's ridiculous. Go see the doctor, though.

What you have are raised tastebuds. On the back of your tongue, they sit on your lingual tonsil, which is part of the back of your tongue, and is also part of your lymph node system. If your body is trying to fight off a virus or infection, your lymph nodes can swell up, including the back of your tongue. Go see the doctor, and he will probably give you antibiotics, which will help the infection go away. Your tongue, taste buds, and/or lymph nodes can take a long time to go back down to normal size though.

Hello back in April I experienced these lumps in the back of my tounge, over the few days that I had it the lumps became more and more inflamed and my tounge was swollen. Once I had been to my GP I was diagnoised with tonsillitis. I have recently developed these lumps again yet my symptoms are different this time, so if anyone still has these lumps I was suggest checking the symptoms and see your doctor.

I also noticed these symptoms large lumps on back of tongue and throat I have had people with cancer in my family who've died and also a friend with tubaclosis in also a heavy smoker when im around friends and I also drink alcohol.
I'm currently in the hospital walk in centre and will update my progress once I find out more information

Have they told you what it might be??

Go watch doctor Oz oral cancer video.basicly u need to go get a oral cancer exzam right away

Go watch doctor Oz oral cancer video.basicly u need to go get a oral cancer exzam right away im not good on the internet so if u could post this for me we could save life only 15% of people live cause its a new thing an not a lot of people know about this thanks

i went to the dentist today, when i got home i open my mouth infront of a mirror to check out my newly polished pearly whites (not so pearly or white ;) ) and i stick my tounge out and at the back i see these bumps, like you described, they dont hurt and i never would have known they where there if i didn't open my mouth and stick out my tounge infront of a mirror, i dont even think the dentist saw them thats how far back on my tounge they are..... and i came on this site to see what everyone else says, and i read your post and just a couple days ago i ate SOUR skittles as well, i dont normally eat em but i stuffed miself that night with them... anyway, i think im in the same boat as you..... although i cant feel them at all when i eat or normally....