Hello, folks. My friend’s kid has been suspected to have idiopathic scoliosis. Doctor says that some more tests must be done. Can you tell me how is this disorder discovered in the first place? I would really appreciate if you could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance.

Hello to you too. There are several tests that can be done. Laboratory tests can be performed, but they are not specific. Imaging techniques are very important. Radiography is one of the methods of choice. Bending position is one of the preferable. If there are conditions, MRI is also recommended. Pulmonary and heart functions should be investigated in severe cases of scoliosis. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, everyone. My friend was diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis. I know that he was first X-rayed. There, a doctor saw curvature. Since the case was obvious, he didn’t need MRI. Physical examination and determining the angle of curvature are also important. Laboratory tests can also help, but they are not specific. I hope I’ve helped. Good luck! Bye!