I realized in a mean time, I am not the only one with terrible skin problems. I know there are many people with boils and carbuncles and we all search any way to help us. Each person I was talking to said nothing seems to help heal boils and carbuncles. Anyway, one friend of mine told me there are some homeopathic remedies, and magnesium sulphate paste used as ointment for boils and carbuncles. Is this true, did anyone tried this and can tell me more about it.

I also suffer from painful boils but I get them on my face, which I hate, the most. For me, I have periods some creams seems to work. Anyways, I found it not so good for extended periods. I also heard from one friend about this kind of ointment for boils and carbuncles. He told me magnesium sulphate paste really works and could help me. I would recommend you to try it definitely, because I am going to try it too, because it should do a good job for boils and carbuncles. Here are a couple of homeopathic remedies you can try, that I have heard also works, beside magnesium sulphate paste. This is called a poltus and you should use very hot milk and a piece of white bread, just a little bigger then the spot. Try to soak the bread and squeeze the extra milk out, after this place it on the spot with a bandage. Over night it should work well for boils and carbuncles, something like ointment, and similar to magnesium sulphate paste. I really hope this is going to help, for me I am going to try with magnesium sulphate paste first.

Hi regarding magnesium sulphate paste,i have used it myself on boils and it does work to draw them to a "head",it does take a few times to apply the paste for it to work,but i myself have found it works quite well .

hey there same problem here!ive been getting these boils on and off ,nowhere else but near my vagina!!!when i went to the doc she goes stop shaving.its the infected hair i guess!she also mentioned that this problem cant be taken out completely from the system,but yes can be avoided or delayed!!!she has prescribed me with antibiotics and magnesium sulphate paste!!magnesium sulphate burns the skin down!lemme tell u the pain is heck a lot but the result is good.it really makes the boil come to a head.ive never tried the home remedies mentioned on the net,but can assure about the magnesium sulphate paste!!!be ready for the burning process!!!ouch!

hi i have used magnesium sulphate paste for a boil on my thigh that reoccurs from time to time and it works well i just put some on and tape some melolin wound dressing over it and leave it on through out the day. i have never felt it burn or anything the greatestdiscomfort has come from removing the micropourous tape off that i used to fix the dressing covering it from my thigh as it catches hairs. i find that within a day or so of application it reduces in size and comes to a head. one bit of advise i would give though is to put a fairly large blob on and to make sure it is taped down well as it dries out pretty quickly if you dont put enough on and if it gets on your clothes its difficult to get out sometimes. oh and you may have to buy it freequently because it tends to dry out after about 2 months in the jar and isnt as usefull when it has started to dry out. to be fair for something that costs around £1.15 (around us$2.50) it does the job really well!

Magnesium Sulfate is Epsom salts. You can purchase commercial paste or simply make your own by putting any amount of Epsom salt in a bowl and slowly mixing in a little water at a time until you have a paste.

Epsom salts are a traditional remedy for muscle and foot aches and are known to have many healing properties. Most scented bath salts are made with Epsom salts and a scented oil.

I tried to make my own paste but it didn't work. The salts softened a bit but did not turn to paste. Can the pate be purchased at drug stores do you know?

Thanks.

I by magnesium Sulphate from the Chemist for around £1.64, lasts ages. Can be used for drawing out splinters, I use it for spots and ingrown hair.

Regards Ash

Try adding a tiny amount of boiling water at a time while grinding the crystals all the time, when it looks like the crystals have dissolved then add any cheap aqueous cream – again a little at a time - until you have a nice paste/ointment. Magnesium chloride is actually better as it is more readily absorbed through the skin. You can never use too much applied topically, you can only benefit from it.

hi
can any one tell me how to get magnesium sulphate from shop.i mean name of the product and how to use it.i am suffering from boils over my head.

any chemistd mine cost £1.08

i would like to know about magnesium sulphate paste and how it should be used.

Try dissolving 2-3 handfuls of magnesium sulphate in a bath, I've read that this can help skin also.

i once got a boil on my leg, and it was so painful. When i woke up 2 days after it had started to get infected the skin around the boil had become infected and 2 new spots appeared around the existing boil. When i finally got my hands on the magnesium sulphate paste, it stung so bad. I felt like i 'd just got bitten. And with the help of ciprofloxacin and nurofen , the pain and swelling went dissappearred within 2-3 days.

mag sulphate paste has helped me greatly in treating boils. It does not prevent them but once you have a boil just apply some paste (after stirring it well) to a large waterproof dressing and apply it to the boil.
I remove the dressing after 24hrs, clean and dry the area then apply another mag sulphate dressing..... 2-3 dressings later you will have drawn the puss from the boil and keeping the area clean and dry it should heel.