i had a big bump on my lower back about 4months ago, it popped and pussed alot the pain went., away i still had a red bump but it was much smaller and no pain but now it got big again and hurts just like last time, any home remedies to pop or help it get better? like with a small needle or heat pad???

It sounds like you have a boil that keeps returning. Boils are caused mainly by staphylococcus germs. These enter sweat glands or hair follicles. The essential cause of boils is thus bacterial.

Some home remedies to treat boils include garlic and onion treatments. Garlic and Onions have been proved to be among the most effective home remedy for boils treatment among several other remedies. Onion juice or garlic juice may be applied on boils externally to ripen them, break and evacuate the pus. Juices of both these vegetables can be mixed in equal quantities and applied on the boil for beneficial results.

Also, it is important to apply warm moist compresses three to four times a day over tender areas. This helps to bring the boil to a head and promotes easy drainage. You could take a hot Epsom salt bath which will greatly benefit the cleanliness of the affected area and should be used twice or thrice a week until boils persist and once in a week thereafter.

If you are still concerned and symptoms persist, see a doctor to make sure it is not infected. Stay away from needles to pop it or a heating pad which could make it worse. Best of luck to you.

I also have a bump on my lower back about 4 inches to the left of my spine. About 7 years ago I noticed the bump but about 2 years after it swelled up and felt hot to the touch. I went to my doc and he said it was a cyst that became infected and needed to be removed. He numbed the area and made an incision. Immediatly after a horrible odor filled the room and all he kept saying was "I need more guaze!" It scared me because I couldn't feel or see what was happening. After removing the cyst and cleaning the incision I had a hole the size of a small marbal and had to take medicated baths to clean it. It took many weeks of discomfort and many months for the incision to heal and has left my with a scar. Recently I noticed another bump develp right next to the scar and it just a matter of weeks the red swelling pain has developed. Last night my husband pricked the area with a needle and softy pressed down on the area and immediatly puss started draining out and the odor was horrific! So now I must make another appointment and go through all the pain, discomfort and another scar once again.
Is there anyway to permanatley remove or prevent these cysts from developing???