i have like inflammed boils on my inner thighs in the pubic region is this somehting to worry about

I went to the gyno yesterday and this problem was one that I brought up. Although there is a fine difference between having absceses and boils, the boils are hereditary. My doctor told me to get some over the counter monsistat chaffing cream. It's a powdery gel that you smooth onto your thighs. She also told me that there is really nothing you can do to prevent it; however sunlight helps. She said sunlight exposure can greatly decrease the outbreaks. If there is an active one and it is painful and large she said to come see her because she could prescribe an antibiotic to help fight infection. It sucks because I was hoping there was a prescription out there to make these painful annoyances stop. (There is a name for the condition; however, it was a long weird word and I can't remember. It started with an "m")

I was reading this post and I have the same problem. I have this reddish pus filled thing in my pubic area it looks like a boil but I don't really know. It never goes away. It is painful and a pus or bloody substance comes out of it. It also has dark black spots on the top of it. I just wanted someone else's opinion. So thanks for the help.

I used to get them too (I can remember the first time in college thinking I had herpes and panicking!). I noticed, however, that I started getting them when I gained weight in college. Due to a combination of that and a generally low energy level I went on a diet, have lost 25 pounds, and no longer get them. My mom had them too; I think it's hereditory but at least for me losing weight helped greatly.

i m 20 n i m facing the same problem too..i have been getting boils on my buttocks since 12 but for the past 1 year i have been getting boils between my vagina and thighs.it looks like thick,long scar which gets bigger real fast n red in colour with sumthing inside.it really painful until i cant really walk.i usually get it during my period.i m so worried about it.and it comes back at the same place again and again until i get so fed up wit it..can anyone help me?what shud i do to stop it from coming again.i cant bare the pain anymore..

go to your doctor. I had these and she gave me a simple antibiotic and they went away. This was yrs ago and have not had another since. just go!

I have had these too for about ten years now. It seems the more weight I put on the worse it gets. My mom also had them. I asked my family doctor about them for six years before I had to recommend her to refer me to a specialist. The specialist said it was hereditary and that there is no cure for it too and she was going to put me on meds but my insurance was over the next week. I was having major problems with them for the last two years until I got into a certain regimen. I use neutrogena body wash in the shower, dry off, apply baby powder, and keep away from tight undies. I haven't had a breakout since. It's amazing how many people actually have this problem but you never hear of it outside of the internet! I'm so glad I'm not alone.

I'm glad to see i'm not alone in this! I'm nineteen and i've been getting them since i was about nine, some on my bum but the majority on the inside of my legs in my pubic region.
Sometimes there is no blood and you can just get rid of the pus, a lot of the time it isn't liquidy but hard and gristle like. If they're large they can leave scars and indents in the skin which is really embarrasing when it comes to sex.
I even went to get checked out just to make sure it wasn't an std!
i'm thinking about buying some bio-oil for the scars.

check out hydradenitis supprativa and if you are a girl - get on mERCET BCP.

I also had a bump on my pubic area for nine months, I just ignore it because its not painful and not visible until one day I've noticed that its getting bigger from its original size, i've searched it in the internet and the symptoms are sebaceous cyst.I tried to take Co-trimaxazole for 10 days and after that the lump grew bigger and turned into pinkish color.The doctor told me its a limp node and gave me gloxacillin for 5 days and be back after that to her clinic but after taking that antibiotic the lump became more painful and reddish in color so the doctor change my antibiotic to cefuroxime thinking that its a different bacteria and its a BOILS.I also used a hot compress 2x a day so after a week the boils ripened and opened and a pus and blood came out.i continue taking antibiotic for 3 days with hot compress but then after 5 days I notice that there still a lump beneath my skin.I tried to squeezed it but no blood or pus comes out. what will I do to so that my lump will disappear?pls help me..

i get these on my inner thighs, and sometimes in the pubic areas, but i think it's b/c one time i didnt know any better and shaved my pubic hair using my barber clippers, big mistake? now im not sure what i should do, am i in trouble, or is it not too late?? its only been happening less than a year now, please hlp.

the ones on my thighs hurt and especially when im playing ball, b/c of the friction b/w my legs when im running etc. someone please hlp i'd like to get this problem solved asap. thanks

I have had them for years... they are like boils and have dark red blood and pus (ugg). Usually taking a daily Tetracycline capsule keeps them away, but every once in a while they slip by it and I have one erupt. Like everyone else, they are very painful. Try Tetracycline. My dermatologist prescribes it.

It may also be Herpes , HSV- 2, Go to doctor ASAP, No Cure , but can be contained ,

I had one in the worse place to have it …which was the inside of my butt cheeks. It hurt so bad I was putting hot towels and sat in the bath tub in the hottest water and it never let up. Then my grand mother told me to get some Fat Back from the store….(it’s a meat that is used to season string beans, mainly used by families of the African American culture… it’s very salty! The salt is used to drain the boil to allow it to come to a head. It will bus on it’s own and it does not hurt at all it feel very relieving. Mine fortunately burst the very next day after I allowed it to sit there over night. The mean it self is very cheap, maybe $2 no more then $3. I know it sounds gross to put meat on those areas but it really works!!!

Can you explain to me what you did with it? I can tell you that it's not just African American families who used it--it's used to flavor beans by most Southerners too :)