I dont have any real acne problems, i have a few white heads from time to time and black heads, but nothing major, but for some reason I keep getting reoccuring boils on the back of my neck. It's sometimes just one but like right now, I currently have two on the right side of the back of my neck. Can anyone tell me why I continue to get these or what I can do to get rid of them. Mainly I'm just wanting to know what in the world is causing them!!!
*Please keep in mind, I have no health insurance so expensive trips to doctors & specialists are totally out of the question*

These boils are caused by inflammation of the root from which small hairs that cover our bodies grow - basically, boil is inflamed hair follicle. And, the most usual places where boils form are neck, shoulder and thigh areas. When, like in your case infection from one follicle spreads to another, the boils form a cluster. Now, what you can do about this is to make sure that boils drain - apply a warmish washcloth to the area which should soften the skin and with the puss gone, infection should ease of. And, when you are dealing with this, make sure the are is sterilized so that infection doesn't spread. The point where you need to see a doctor is the one when infection gets out of hand - keep that in mind - if a boil becomes too large, doesn't go away, you start to develop fever... you could be risking serious poisoning and infection if you don't get the antibiotics. But, that is the worst case scenario. But I sure do hope that it won't come to that point - I know how it is to be uninsured, so, wish you luck!

I have a boil ( I do believe ), right behind my left ear. I popped it with a sterile needle, years back. When I popped the surface and went further in it felt like another boil underneath. I drained it and it was clear, but to this day I can squeeze it and what appears to be pus ( from a regular pimple, white head ), comes oozing out. I've also noticed I'll get smaller boils from time to time on that same side. I to am limited, I can't afford to miss work and work 2 jobs. What should I do about my problem???