Hello all. I currently have three dogs. One is a female and the other two are males. I love them all equally, although I’m a little more attached to my girl Tina since she likes to cuddle with me more than the boys. I take really good care of them, they got all of the vaccines that the vet suggested and they’re all healthy dogs. Now since a friend of mine asked me about spaying them (did I do it) and he emphasized that I need to spay Tina asap, I wanted to ask you – what exactly is the difference between female and male dog spaying?

Hi!

First of all, maybe it would be better if we use the term ‘’neutering’’ instead of ‘’spaying’’ cause spaying is used specifically for females and neutering can be used for both genders (although it is usually used when referring to females).

Anyway, what I know about spaying is that it prevents a female dog to have offspring and also provides a healthier and a happier life for her.

Neutering a male dog prevents testicular cancer and some prostate problems.

Spayed female dog won’t get into heat and they say that neutered male will behave better. He won’t run away from home.

He probably told you that you need to spay Tina first cause if you don’t, there’s a great chance that you will have puppies soon.

I mean, you have two male dogs, there’s a great chance that one of them will get her pregnant.

But I’m sure he also meant that you need to neuter your male dogs too since it’s not only the matter of pregnancy, it’s also about their health and the quality of their lives.

They will be a lot happier and less prone to urinal infections after the procedure. At least that’s what I heard about it from the vets.

Hey there.

That is so cute, Tina must be adorable ^.^

I have to agree with rubylock so I won’t repeat her words :)

But, I have to agree that your Tina will have better life, and I am pretty sure that she will be healthier. I have heard this from my friends who spayed their dogs.

I think that you should do this, if you are not ready to have more puppies.

Of course that there are so many difference between spaying your female and male dog, but I am pretty sure that I need to learn a lot about it :)

Hey there.

I think that there is no difference, at least, not big difference :)

In both cases, it prevents a lot of unwanted puppies that don’t have any home. That is the main benefits, because if you don’t want to have a new puppy, if you don’t have where to keep them, that is the best solution, the best option.

So, there are no differences, there are only good sides of spaying your dog. It doesn’t matter is it male or female.

That is my opinion, I was thinking to send my Boo to the vet, but I’ve change my mind :)

Hello. First difference is that spaying is term for females, and neutering is for both, males and females. Second, there are other differences, but not that much. So, you have a female dog. If you do this procedure, I know that your girl won’t have any needs to run away from home, even if you have two other dogs in home. She will be protected, and maybe she will be much healthier. About the male dogs, this procedure will prevent some other diseases that can affect your dogs. This is not only for the pregnancy, like I told you, there are so many other reasons.

Hello to all of you.

Well female and male dogs who are not spayed/neutered have similar behavior. Female dogs sometimes feel the need to run from the house while in heat. I remember when I had a female dog she used to run away and then when she comes back I need to worry about whether she is going to have puppies, and back then my living conditions weren’t so good. I couldn’t afford having puppies.

I went out of topic here, but the point is, there is no major difference, it both cases it has medical benefits and it prevents unwanted puppies.