Hi, folks. I have a friend who is severely ill. He has a malign tumor in the kidney. This tumor is in its second stage. I would like to know something more about his condition. Can anyone tell me something about this regarding this stage? I would appreciate all your advices. Thanks.

Hello, there. It all depends which classification you are using. However, whichever classification you use, second stage is not the worst one. Second stage means T2, N0 and M0. T2 means that tumor is larger than 7 cm across, however it hasn’t spread outside the kidney. N0 means that no lymph nodes are affected. M0 means that there are no metastatic lesions. 5 year survival rate for patients with stage II is not so bad. It is about 82%. You should give your support to your friend. It will mean him a lot. I hope I’ve helped.