Hi, I'm twenty seven years old men. Couple of months ago I started running. However, I recently red in a sports article that for the best results in getting fit and shaped up, people should cross train. I was wondering if you could tell me what to combine running with? I am not training for the New York marathon; I just want to stay fit. Do you cross train? Can you tell me what activities you combine in your program?

Hi, the sports article you read is absolutely right. Experts around the world agree that people should cross train for the best results. Like you I also thought that if I run every morning I would stay in good shape. Then a friend of mine who is an aerobic instructor suggested that I should combine running with swimming. It was a nice change because I was getting a little bit bored with the every day running sessions. Swimming helped me to develop my upper body especially the arms and shoulders. With this combination I was feeling much stronger and healthier. You can also try weight training to activate muscles that aren’t that much active when you run and swim.