How one becomes a marathon runner? I am 29 and have never participated in distance running but I have this idea of participating on marathon in about two year I hope I will get fit by that time. So in general I would appreciate any info regarding the marathons training or some marathons preparation.

Hi! I am preparing myself for NY marathons every year and for this spring also and my preparations are though and I am on marathons training for more than a year every single day I am not running any record I just want to participate but anyway the marathon training is must if you wish to get ready for the marathon run. And it affects all the aspects of your life food that is the proper diet is important-so you should take light meals avoiding taking combinations of fats, proteins and carbohydrates and plenty of water is must also. Choosing the right running shoes is the first thing you should do and change them with new pair after a while. And marathon training is not just about running everyday you should combine it with cross and weight training with a regular stretching. I also recommend you find some marathon specialist to guide you through whole the marathon training for this is the best way to get ready for marathons.