Hey hows everybody going,

I've been smoking Marijuana for 3 1/2 years pretty full on and smoking ciggarettes, im am 17 years old, a male and i am just wondering if it would have effected my muscle growth and weight. I was a very active kid before i started smoking doing atleast 2 hours of cardio a day due to trampolining but no weight training. I am currenty 6 foot and weight 54kilos which i am fairly worried about and self conscious but my body is'nt telling me that this is a problem, ive been told by my father that he was just as skinny as me and i should start filling out within a couple of years. Most people say i am to Skinny and need to put on weight but i eat the same as most of them if not more,so is it just my slender body type or somthing to do with Mary Jane?
I have just recently quit due to lack of motivation and my weight.
Any suggestions welcome

hey,

studies have shown that marijuana does inhibit the creation of testosterone, which is in charge of muscle growth (in males of course), specifically in the chest, biceps, and upper legs.. however, if you work out.. (cardio/weight lifting) you will still gain muscle mass. just make sure you get enough sleep at night (7 hours or more) and eat the right things for your body to use if you want to get bigger.

stop smoking the cigarrettes though. lol. they thin out the blood and therefore dont carry as much oxygen to your muscles.. without oxygen muscles cant grow.

finally... goto the gym. 30 minutes a day doing some weight lifting can go a very long way. especially if you are skinny.. you will build up really fast.. just go for it. It will also make you feel really good..

take good care.

Hey I'm replying hopin you'll get this but recently I stopped smoking hard core (I'm talkin a couple blunts a day) an from experience it felt like my body was trying to make up for all these years of suppression of hormones by boosting em up bc at times ill feel like I'm on steroids. I f*ck like a porn star rabbit too so that's always plus but and way if you want to fill up just try quitting for two months an start out slow. After a week maybe jog three times a week then start your lifting an start slow but make sure you do squats or leg preww bc leg growth is essential for testosterone to increase. Good luck mang

I have been smoking for about a year, also iam into working out, most of my life i have been working out. so i was wondering since i been smoking would marijuana affect my muscle growth if when i go to the gym i am smoked, does marijuana reduce my muscle growth or not. please if you know something about this hit me back

I have been smoking for about 6 years now and have just recently started smoking every single day in the past 2 years. I also work out every single weekday. Bud has not effected my muscle growth at all, in fact it has helped. Every day I will go workout and than when I get home I'll smoke a bowl. Because of this, I am able to eat a lot and regain all of the protein I have lost while working out and also put on more to gain weight. It is also really relaxing and helps deal with the stresses of the day.

No it does not slow down muscle growth at all period !
The only two things about it is
1 It raises blood pressure an slows heart rate
So if you have any blood pressure or heart conditions i'd wait at least 4-5 hourse after your last smoke before you hit the weights
2 Just like you wouldnt go to the gym drunk dont go high, it lowers your capabilty to judge how much you can lift an how long you can lift it for. So you cant really get a good workout in to push yourself an judge if your making improvements or not. Not too mention you can hurt yourself or worse even others.
Other then that man just keep hittin the gym up 4-5 times a week. Get a good routine an stick to it you'll see muscle startin to get on them bones.
But keep in mind lifting wieghts an gettin big dont happen over night man it'll take a good six months before you start hearin compliments from people an see it yourself that your gettin bigger.
Just make sure you eat (x) grams of protein a day = to your body weight a day ( dont have to be exact just close to it ) an youll get there man
I'm a personal trainer so all this is true if you need anyother questions answer'd

I agree. I started smoking 6 years ago at the age of 18 when I weighed 160. Took a year long break at 21 weighing 186. Then went back to smoking again and was 196 before tearing my shoulder in an accident. Still kept on smoking. Last year, one year after the surgery I weighed 160 and a year later I am 180. This topic is black and white. I am a certified personal trainer and was a nutrition major in college. Goodnight.

Marijuana actually increases heart rate

ive been smoking for about 14 yrs or so i think.. im 27 and female .. im a lil overweight and wanna do some working out but i when i try i get so exhausted so quickly.. is this my mental approach or is weed stopping me from being active ? I feel like im having a heart attack but i just cant stop smoking the hooch :-)

Just dont abuse of this drug. I smoke almost everyday and go to the gym mondays tuesdtas fridays and sundays and have no problem runnin or lifting weight... i also improved my body fat i went from 17% to 14%

I smoke bud everyday,and i work out almost everyday.I find there to be no adverse reactions to me smoking aside from waking up in the morning with a lugie.I run fast,lift hard and train properly,I'll smoke after the gym and it really does help with the proper food consumption especially because im a skinny guy and we eat slow,but it eases sore muscles and helps concentrate.Ive found that drinking alcohol affects me in the gym wayyyy more than any amount of weed consumed.When america realizes that smoking causes less physical and less social problems then booze does we'll be headed down a better road.the plant has 50,000 possible uses wtf does alch do but cause DUI.

Your heart rate will increase while high, my pulse goes up tremendously. Like...around 80-85. As for your blood pressure, that's as low as can be. When I check it after smoking, it's usually about 100-105 over 55-65. I've been smoking about every day for a few years, I work out every week day. I've been truly serious about it for about 5 months now...(Not taking more breaks than my body needs). I see no inhibition from smoking pot, in fact...I keep a good appetite & get plenty of rest/sleep for my muscles to repair.

Im 25 ive been smoking weed sense I was 13. I didnt start lifting weights till I was 22 and I weighed 170 lbs.. Now i weigh 190lbs. And ive been smoking the whole time.. i also play basketball. So id say no.. it doesnt affect muscle gain.. however my question is does smoking marijuana affect my game? Ill smoke about 1hour and 30mins prior to a game... And I usually play really good.. however I recently stopped smoking for a few days and noticed that my game as fallen intensely ... is that because im withdrawing? Or is it all in my head?

cigarettes really just create plaque in your blood just like eating a huge greasy cheeseburger every day. doesn't thin it out however. you are partially right tho it causes a short term effect on blood flow. really it just gives bad circulation in your hands and feet. nothing more. either way your muscles will probably not get enough oxygen when you smoke. Ive been smoking forever and took a tobacco awareness class. very boring but very informative as well.

I am 14 and been smoking pot for almost 2 years. I go to martial arts 3-8 hours a week. I bike 24km most days. I eat massive amounts and smoke pot everyday. From personal experience I don't think pot takes away motivation at all. Am doing very well home schooling and it hasn't effects my muscle growth that I've noticed :-D Smoke pot everyday!!!!