I am 40 years old and my husband is 50 years old. I have a question that I am too ashamed to ask him, as well as someone else. I cannot imagine talking about this with someone else, so I would appreciate if there is anyone to help me this way. I just want to hear if that is normal that my husband masturbate at age 50 years. I was thinking he will stop but still I know he is doing that, so I want to hear if that is normal.

I have to tell you I am younger then your husband, but my 37 years are also important in answer, as you want. I would like to tell you masturbating are nothing bad, and you should not think as you do. Although techniques may also differ between circumcised and uncircumcised males, I can tell you that your husband enjoy doing this. You need to know there are some techniques, which may work for one can often be quite painful for the other. You are probably not interested into techniques of masturbating, because you want to run away from this. Well, simply to say, you cannot run away. Your husband will enjoy doing this until he can reach erection no matter what you say. However, it is apparent that the ability to masturbate declines with age. Adolescent reported ability to masturbate until ejaculation six, or more times per day. Normally, men in middle age report being hard pressed to ejaculate even once per day, on a daily basis. Since it is being increasingly recognized in mental health circles that masturbation can relieve depression and lead to a higher sense of self worth, you should not be worried about it.

I would like to add that I am over 50 and I find masturbating pefectly normal...and very enjoyable at this older age...I would not worry about your husband.

I would like to add that I am over 50 and enjoy masturbating...I would not think it strange for your husband...any pleasure at our age is a good thing.

I am 52 yrs old and I masturbate at least once a day,and I enjoy it just as much as I ever did. It is perfectly normal(whatever normal is.)

I am a married 56 y/o male and I masturbate at least three times per week. I sat down one day and discussed it with my wife and she was in full agreement. Her only stipulation - I do it in bed beside her at night so that she can watch or if up to it, lend a helping hand.
No wife should feel that her husband is cheating on her - it's what men do. And I'm told a few wives as well.

I am 64 years old. I masturbate at least once a week. My wife encourages me to do it. Some times she watches me. Sometimes she helps. Due to illness we don't get to have sex like
we used to. We see nothing wrong with masturbation.

My wife and I are 57/55 and she helps me masturbate a couple times a week. We use masturbation as part of our sex life. She is still in menopause and she is still dry.

We both enjoy using masturbation. One of the sexiest things I have ever seen is watching her masturbate.

I am a 54 year old married male. Due to the fact that my wife is through menopause, she has lost all interest in sex. She is 59. There isn't any kind of sex that she would like to participate. Men and woman are different when it comes to desire.You need to stop worring about your husband.Would you prefer that he takes his sexual urges out side of your marriage.We men make Millions of sperm a day. And I masturbate at least once a day and my wife has no problem with it.

I'm 67 and have been married three times. I have enjoyed sexual relations with all three wives, but I have never stopped masturbating and none of my wives minded. Now my wife encourages me to masturbate regularly for health reasons - although I don't need any encouragement!

I read your nice letter. I am male and 58 years old. I masturbate perhaps once a week. I think my wife knows it but she never saw me doing it. The problem is my wife believes that casual sex (perhaps every 3 weeks) is better in her opinion a man loses interest when he has it too often. Why are people bothered about that? Perhaps men do not want to appear in front of their wives as totally sex driven creatures. They want to appear "controlled". I would not give up masturbating. The only thing I avoid is having it in bed beside her. So I leave the room when she is asleep.

I would like to agree with all of the men here. I am 60 and no longer married - I was for 29 years - so I enjoy masturbating several times a week. It relaxes me and, of course, gives sexual pleasure. I hope to continue for many years yet. I should add, my ex-wife had no problem, whatsoever, with my masturbating, either with her or by myself. She saw this as normal. Like other men here she often helped out or we mutually masturbated to climax, or we used it, one way or another, as foreplay. I feel sorry for people who associate wrong or guilt with an activity that's natural. 'Excessive' masturbation, for whatever reason, is another matter but I'm sure most of us know what our own boundaries are and would either self-correct or seek help if this became a problem.

I am male, 55, and masturbate 5 - 8 times a week. I enjoy it and experience it as an assetion of my masculinity. I could probably do it less, but at my age I don't see any reason to deny this pleasure. My partner does not suffer from lack of sexual attention.

It is a very old-fashioned notion that men stop masturbating in their middle years (almost as ridiculous as the notion that men don't 'need' masturbation if they are married or otherwise sexually active with a partner). Ladies, let your men have their fun. It flushes out the prostate gland and leaves them ready for you!

had my 73 birthday 10/4 /2010 jerked off in morning and got blow job from neighbor lady at night . i wank several times a week watching porno videoes.

Sometimes I feel like I masturbate to much, but after seeing some of these comments, I guess I'm about normal. I masturbate at least once a day through the week and rest on the weekend. My masturbation is mostly once a day but a couple of times a week it could be 2 or 3 times.