Hey guys,

Ive been going through the weirdest thing for almost more than a year now as far as I can try to remember. All these symptoms started as soon as I quit marijuana. Weird thing is that I have only been smoking it for 2 or 3 months but this would be every single day almost "high" for 24 hours straight and smoking in large quantities (A full zip-lock lasts me up to 2-3 days).

I've been so messed up for the past year, ever since this started. I feel all the things everyone else is talking about in their marijuana withdrawal although mine never seemed to have gone away and is still with me even at this moment. I have such big problems with memory as I now forget almost everything what happened the day before, this morning or even 5-10 mins ago. To add on I have paranoid feelings on alot of issues and I can never seem to "stop thinking" if you can understand what I am talking about (In a sense theres a loss of reality, there are times when I just snap out of myself and wonder where I am).

I have done my research and am not sure if this has suddenly turned into a psychotic disorder. I used to consider myself as an intellectual before I started taking marijuana, my sense of time, emotions, etc. were all in place. And now that I let days and days pass hoping and trying to get myself back into the right state of mind everything has gotten so much worst to how they were when they started.

If anyone has any comments, any suggestions, I would really like to know your thoughts on this. I have seen a psychiatrist who prescribed me some certain drug to correct something and antidepressants when all of this started for about a month as far as "I think it was", since it wasn't working I just stopped.

I could really use someones help, for me to go talk to someone about this is so hard as obviously there is such paranoia if I would tell my family members, girlfriend, etc. that "I think theres something wrong with my brain and that I'm crazy". Looking at the statement is already quite degrading.

Just for extra facts, I am male, and 21 years old.

to be honest, im going through some same stuff, sorry i cant be of help being i havent gotten past it completely yet but im approaching about a year now, and have to say its probably all anxiety and stress, that stuff can trigger alot of similar feelings. ive read alot and talked to people and they said paranoia and anxiety can last a while after marijuana use for some people, sometimes even years. if it seems to be getting better, that youve made progress, or not even an issue when your mind is off of it, i doubt its psychosis or anything like that, psychosis is always, and if your aware with how off you feel, you arent psychotic. stay off the drugs, stay off the alcohol, keep away from excessive sugar and caffeine and quit smoking if you do so. all it is is polution. good luck to you.

yea man same thing, tho ive only quit for about 3 weeks but i was having severe anxiety, thoughts i felt like i couldnt control that caused and stuff like that but eventually what i did was I just convinced my mind that I was gettting better and it will, I thought this was gunna last for years, i only smoked for 7 months everyday but now I feel like im definetly heading somewhere better in the long run. Almost exactly like you I thought i was smart and intellectual beforehand, you just gotta tell the paranoia this is ridiculous and stop, and u cant think that weird in and of itself cause its not for recovering stoners like us. It honestly probably happens to people who are extremely sensitive and then when they smoke their perspective on life changes and since their so sensitive they notice that change more than most people and it freaks them out, you gotta just go with the flow

Oh my God. I'm glad I found some people who actually understand it. No other weed smokers I talk to have this type of thing, just me and you guys. They are all completely normal when they are not high. I'm like an intimate high, but it's not pleasant. It's like a disconnection from everything around me, and as someone above posted, I just snap into reality forked soon loosing myself again... I can't stand it. I havnt smoke in a month, and it gets worse every day. I used to smoke for like two weeks a year ago, and when I stopped the same thing happened. After waiting a month, to my great relief, I was normal again. I started smoking again on a much more regular basis, and now I'm way more effed up then I was then. After a month without pot, I'm no better, only worse. Does anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? Some people on this post said that after a year they are still messed up. :-(