Hello! I have a problem, and I don’t know what to do about it. My periods are quite heavy and besides that I feel numbness and pain in thighs and legs. This is so annoying because I feel so week and slow that it interferes with my daily activities. Is there anybody with the same problem?

Hi! Yes, even though my periods are not that heavy, I feel very weak and have constant unbearable pain in my back. I don’t know what else to do, people talk herbs this, herbs that, but I just take some pain killers and get rid of the problem. I mean, this may not sound as the best possible solution, but at the moment I don’t know of any others and frankly I don’t have the time either.

babyak wrote:

I have the same issue.

babyak wrote:

starlett yes i have the same problem , but i did'nt have the problem till i got my tubes tied ,clipped and burned

babyak wrote:

I also have very heavy periods and have recently been experiencing strange numbness and tingling in my legs making it difficult to even keep myself standing. I also find my legs become weak. I have chronic back problems and had surgery 8 years ago. I experience bad cramps as well and I think the tingling and numbness may have to do with your back muscles tensing and affecting the surrounding nerves that travel down your legs. That's what I've come up with. Hope this helps.

I'm 4 months pregnant and my left outer thiegh goes numb and sometimes I get shooting pains in it, the Dr. says that the baby may be sitting on a nerver, I just can't believe that a 5 ounce baby could cause all that pain, I can only take tylenol for the pain and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had this problem since I was 13 years old. Heavy periods, Numbness in legs, weak, fatigue and nausea. It ends up I have endometriosis (the presence and growth of functioning endometrial tissue in places other than the uterus that often results in severe pain and infertility). Doctor said it would get better once I had a baby. It did. Then right before my second child was concieved it started again. Baby #2 came and for 2 1/2 years I had no pain. It has started again.
Ask your doctor to give you anaprox (Anaprox and Naprelan are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used to relieve mild to moderate pain and menstrual cramps. They are also prescribed for relief of the inflammation, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.

Guest wrote:

Hi my name is nicole and i found out that tylenol is VERY BAD for you liver and that ibu. and advil are much more effective

For years I've been suffering during my period. I have severe cramps that cause me to get chills, nausea (sometimes vomiting), diarrhea, and the strange thing is my arms & legs go numb (usually from the elbow to fingers, and from the mid-calf to my feet). Also, I get some hand cramping as well (hand goes into a distorted position and can't pull it out). This only happens when I am in severe menstrual pain though - never anytime else. I suspected endometriosis, but so far have not been diagnosed. I do have ovarian cysts though. I'm trying to get pregnant now so hopefully this will end!!!!

Yes I can relate to what you are going thru, although no doctor seems to understand what I mean by leg cramping. They think charlie horse, but no cause its worse. I relate it more to muscle spasms because the pain is constant. Its worse during the winter months or if I'm in a cold area. I have had this problem since I got a tubal ligation. That was the worse thing I could have ever done. There are times I feel like I'm in labor with the leg cramping, but like other I to have been told that I have endometriosis. I prop my feet up to ease the pain and also a heating pad. Good luck! I feel your pain!

I had this problem for several years and was recently feeling the same symptoms, but not on my cycle. Turns out I had a blood clot in my femoral artery. Before, during my period I would feel inflammation and aching radiating from my inner thigh down my leg. I told my quack of a doctor and he told me to take Aleve (totally NOT what you should take if there's risk of a clot). Two weeks ago I had the same pain adn I was a week into new birth control pills. I called my new OBGYN and they told me to get to the ER. I was diagnosed with a blood clot in a couple of hours. I'm 25!!! GOt to spend a few days in the hospital and now I'm on blood thinners for at least a year. Take these symptoms seriously...you could die!

I am 39 and I've been having leg numbness for years during my cycle. Sometimes when I'm driving, I almost can't feel my legs. For the last 2 months, my left calf has been cramping, and it feels that the pain is now traveling up towards my knee. I got my period this week, so now it's painful in both legs. However the pain is now confined to my calf again.
I'm afraid it's a blood clot. I already suffer from hypertension. :-(

Guest wrote:

babyak wrote:

you should look up "adenomyosis"...it sounds like the heavy periods and numbness is probably liked to that. I have that too, turns out it may be hereditary because my mom just told me she had the same symptoms right around her period as well. Good luck!

You may be experiencing Meralgia Paresthetica. It is caused by compression on a particular nerve that is a surface nerve instead of the normal deep nerve connection. It will sometimes be relieved by making sure you wear loose clothing at that time of month since bloating could add to the constriction of this nerve.