I had my 3rd child in January of 2005...After which I had my tubes tied. I was anemic after child birth. Ever since, my periods are so heavy that I use 2 1/2 to 3 boxes of Super Plus Tampons and half a package of pads. They last atleast 7 days if not 9! My question is this, is it from the tubal or anemia?

i have had the same problem since i had my tubal only mine last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months and yes i mean months they put me on birth control pills but they are not helping me at all my doctor said all that is left for me is to have a histerectomy but i do believe it could be caused from the tubal because i know alot of people who never had problems until after their tubal my periods use to be light after my tubal they keep getting heavier and heavier. sorry if i was not much help

I am having the same problem. I had a baby 8 weeks ago and had a tubal. My period has been heavy for the past 9 days....extra protection maxi pads soaked every 15 minutes heavy, clots the size of my son's hands heavy,... okay I know, gross huh. I wish I had an answer. Im getting no where either. I have researched it online but found no answers. If my doctor offers a hystorectomy, I'll take it in a heart beat. This is miserable and just plain disgusting!

I have had my tubes tied and was ok till just recently. My mother thinks that I have anemia due to my long cycles. I'm started to think I might have it too due to some of the symptoms i've been having. But What I am wondering is this, is it possible to get anemia after having your tubes tied and having your cycle after so long?

I have the same issue. Before I had a tubal, my periods were 1 every 3 to 4 months and for 3-4 days. That was it, it had always been that way. Then after my tubal, my periods went to 2-3 months long very heavy, and now I am servilely anemic and I also have iron deficiency. I am taking some treatments now for the iron, but we haven't pin pointed why the menstruation is so long, This post is pretty old, are there any more developments in these cases?

give me an Answer for that same problem forme