Since 11/06, I have noticed blood coated stool. It is not bright red but a burgundy or dark rust color. I have no pain. It doesn't appear to be mixed in but I could be wrong. It started out as a burgundy stripe running down one side of the stool - it now has progressed to coating the whole stool. I have had hemmies and an anal fissure so I know the bright red blood associated with that. It seems it is higher up in the colon because of the blood color. It is happening with every bowel movement. I may have 1 or 2 per week that has none on it. I have used 2 boxed of suppositories but has not helped. I do not have insurance and would be appreciative of any thoughts you may have as to what is causing this. I am a female, 48 yrs old, and weigh about 235, 5'4.

I'm a 24 year old male an have the same problem. no insurance and burgundy blood striped down one side of my stool that turns the water red. I'm horrified. I actually paid to see a dr. when it first started he said I had a fissure (I think he ment a littl ecut that was on my crack) but it has gotten much worse. Whats the story? Anyone?

Thank
s

You should really go and see a doctor if it's been going on for so long, especially since it did not respond to medicine. I had exactly the same problem, went straight to the doctor and got some suppositories. I was told if it does not clear in the 6 days of medicine to see a specialist for an inspection as it could be more serious. It is most likely to be internal hemmerriods and theyre easy to treat, so get yourself checked out. Try not to strain when on the toilet as well, should help.

Did you ever find out what this was?

I am suffering with the same symptoms.

How are you now? Have you resolved your problem?