Hello. I noticed that my daughter is having problems with abnormal colored urine. She told me that she is scared so she admitted me what is going on. When I asked her for how long this lasts, she told me that she has problems with it for a couple of months, but she believed that it will stop. We will go to see the doctor, of course, we don't even need to discuss about this. But I did some research as well and I find out that there are a couple of types of abnormal colored urine. Can you tell me more about this? What are the most common types of abnormal colored urine?

Hello Lammy,

There are a couple of different abnormal urine colors and these are green urine, cloudy urine, pink urine, orange urine, red urine, bloody urine, dark urine, brown urine, black urine, completely clear urine, and bright yellow urine. Now, all of these different urine colors have different causes so if your daughter is about to talk to her doctor, she is supposed to tell him the color of her urine. Sometimes the problem is caused by some medications (if she is taking any) or by some foods that she ate while the problem can sometimes be caused by some serious conditions and diseases.

Hi there ChocolateBar. I wish that she can solve this problem with medicines, because she is scared a lot about this. She told me that her urine was pink a couple of days ago, but now she told me that it is orange. Now, I have problems with her because she believes that this will go away without any doctors and medications, she thinks that she will be able to heal herself with some teas. I disagreed and now, she doesn't want to go to see her doctor for a couple of days because she believes that this is not that big deal. I am scared of some possible infection because I don't believe that abnormal colored urine can be harmless as she thinks.

Well, you should do your best to try and convince her to talk to her doctor. I don't think that she is really aware of how dangerous this can be so if you can do something to explain it to her, it would be awesome. Pink urine is not that dangerous I think and it can be caused by some foods or by some medications, if she is taking any. Orange urine, on the other hand, can be dangerous but regardless of the color, if she has an abnormal color of her urine, no matter which color it is, she should talk to a doctor.

Every change in your urine's normal color can mean that there is something dangerous going on and it is an alarm which means that you should talk to your doctor. Since this is your daughter that we are talking about, there has to be a way for you to convince her or if that doesn't work, to make her go and talk to her doctor. This can really be dangerous so I wouldn't really play with this thing if I was in her shoes. I think that you might find some useful info about the abnormal colored urine on this link - https://ic.steadyhealth.com/urine-color-and-what-it-means.

Ugh, I had an abnormal urine color and I didn't pay any attention to it back then, that was the biggest mistake that I've ever made. I will not tell you details about it but it turned out to be pretty serious and I am still struggling with the consequences of not going to see my doctor as soon as I've noticed my abnormal colored urine. It was red urine by the way, I think that it is actually the most dangerous change in your urine's color so if you ever (and I hope that you won't) notice this, please seek medical help immediately.

The types are just the different colors of your urine. I am sorry to tell you like this but I think that your daughter will be in lots of trouble if what she says is true, if she had an abnormal color of her urine for such a long time. If it prolonged for that long, then she definitely has some condition which got even worse in these two months but I honestly hope that I am wrong about all of this and that her doctor is going to tell her that everything is okay and that there is no need to be worried about anything.

Hello, everyone.

Look, it can be extremely serious. When your urine changes its color, it can mean that you are dealing with some simple cold or really serious infection.

You should know that abnormal urine color may be caused by infection, disease, medicines, or food you eat. But without consulting your doctor, you can't know what is the cause. 

You should consult your doctor when you notice that your urine color is really strange, it is present for days and it won't go away. That means that you should do your urine and blood test as well. Contact your doctor ASAP. 

Greetings everyone. I agree that this means that you can deal with serious health issues. I was dealing with dark yellow urine color. I didn't wait more than two or three days to visit my doctor and see what the problem is. He told me that this dark yellow or orange urine can be caused by: B complex vitamins or carotene. It can also be caused by medicines such as phenazopyridine ( and I remember that I was using it because it helped me to treat urinary tract infections). Also, orange urine can be present if you were using laxatives. Thank God, that was it. I was not dealing with it anymore as soon as he prescribed a therapy for me. But generally, it can be a huge problem. That is why visiting the doctor should always be an option!

Hello guys.
I understand that some people are not aware of the facts that urine can cause some issues that can be serious. Transparent urine color also can be a problem. It can suggest that you are dealing with over-hydration. It is not dangerous, but it should be observed.
Urine that has a color like a honey means that there are some chances of possible dehydration.
Red color means that there is some blood in your urine and this can be extremely dangerous.
Anyway, the only proper and normal color is yellowish. Be aware of that. Every other color requires treatment.