I have a sister that was diagnosed with endometriosis few years ago. Her gynecologist has been trying to help her with so many different ways. For example, birth control pills, laparoscopies, acupuncture, depo provera etc. Now he recommended her to take Mirena IUD so I would like to hear something about it. Can anyone tell me his opinion about Mirena and could it be helpful to her?

I have exactly the same problem and your sister, and I am glad I could help her. I have to say my gynecologist also recommended me Mirena IUD, so I wanted to know more. That is why I searched around, and this is what I found. I realized that apparently several studies have shown that in over 80% of women with chronic endometriosis, bleeding and cramps stop completely after few months with Mirena IUD. Finally, when I got Mirena, first few months of it had me spotting or bleeding every day. Anyway, I had feeling as Mirena has given me my life back. I no longer become anemic every month and my periods are about 1/10 of what they were. The pain was almost gone completely and the side effects I kept reading about were non-existent. I was thinking I would have the big problem I heard on message boards, and it was about weight gain. Everything I experienced with Mirena IUD was perfectly, so I definitely could recommend it to anyone.